D&D 5E Where to next with my Sor6/ElemSav10?

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
I just hit 16th level with my Sorcerer6/Elemental Savant10.

I just became an Earth Elemental.

I have 4 more levels to go (we are planning on hitting 20 when we finish the AoW) and can't think of anything interesting to do with them. Any suggestions?

My only skills are: Concentrate, Know (Arcane), Know (Planes), Spellcraft, and Intimidate. Any PrC that relies on me having ranks in other skills is pretty off limits at this juncture.

DS

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Fatespinner 4 is nice.

Dragonslayer 1 + Spellsword 1 + Mindbender 1 + Archmage 1 are all nice.

Cheers, -- N

rgard

Adventurer
Nifft said:
Fatespinner 4 is nice.

Dragonslayer 1 + Spellsword 1 + Mindbender 1 + Archmage 1 are all nice.

Cheers, -- N

Nice choices...and in perfect order! And not a level lost of arcane casting in sight!!!

One of the looked at builds for my wiz/ur priest/mt had Dragonslayer, Spellsword and Mindbender for 18th, 19th and 20th levels.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Bad Paper said:
What's wrong with four more levels of sorcerer?

- 2 skill points / level (vs. 4 with a better list via Mindbender)
- Terrible hit points
- Poor BAB (vs. full BAB with Dragonslayer and Spellsword)
- No weapon proficiencies (vs. all Martial weapon & all armor with Dragonslayer)
- One good save (vs. two good saves with three of the listed PrCs)
- No special abilities (vs. everything else ever)

Unless you've invested heavily in Heritage feats which actually give you some benefit for high Sorcerer level, there's almost zero incentive to stay in the class. And he's already mostly a non-Sorcerer. So I'm thinking he likes PrCs. :)

Cheers, -- N

moritheil

First Post
Bad Paper said:
What's wrong with four more levels of sorcerer?

Opportunity cost. :p

I second Fatespinner, since I can't recall if you can pick up IoSV with what you have.

Mindbender/Alienist could also be amusing. (Obviously not full alienist, just a dip . . . )

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
I actually had considered Alienist...since he is sort of insane from having been killed 3 times in one week...but since I can't summon monsters its kind of useless.

I will have to look into the Fatespinner, then!

I think its a little too weasely to have 6 classes tacked on, so whatever I choose I am going to stick with.

And, to answer a previous question...the only reason to stick with sorcerer EVER is if you want a good familiar...and I didn't take one since they are (in my opinion) a liability more than an asset.

Thanks guys! (or possibly gals)
DS

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
The other class I was putting some thought to was the Races of Stone one that let you see through earth. Being able to see 30' through earth and being an earth elemental could be a NASTY combo for a spellcaster.

I don't qualify, however.

DS

Dagredhel

Explorer
Sabathius42 said:
The other class I was putting some thought to was the Races of Stone one that let you see through earth. Being able to see 30' through earth and being an earth elemental could be a NASTY combo for a spellcaster.

I don't qualify, however.

DS

The Prestige Class is called Earth Dreamer (RoS, pg.110.) It definitely does seem like the best fit, thematically, and works well mechanically with full spellcasting and earth-related special abilities.

Any chance of leveraging the retraining rules in PHB2 to qualify? (Or would your DM be *nice* enough to hand wave or alter some of the requirements?)

Remove ads