Where to Place in the Forgotten Realms?

AslanC

Explorer
So I run 3 groups.

I was using my own world, but to be honest time to design is gone. No more.

So I am using 1e Forgotten Realms, the purest Realms for me. Easiest to manipulate and modify, etc...

Group 1 is going for the Sunless Citadel, where in Realms is a good place for this?

Group 2 is going for the Forge of Fury, where in the Realms is a good place for this?

Group 3 is (eventually) going for the Red Hand of Doom, so I know where to place that (hello near the Shaar!)
smile.gif

Any suggestions for Group 1 and 2?

Cheers!

When I ran those adventures I put them all next to each other, although admittedly not in the Realms. Is there any reason why you can't put them all "near the Shaar"?

Red Hand of Doom was designed to fit very nicely into the Channath Vale, which I believe happens to be near the Shaar ...

Although, if you were ever planning to run the 4th edition Scales of War, a sequel of sorts to Red Hand of Doom (from Dungeon), apparently that doesn't fit in the Vale.

AslanC

Explorer
When I ran those adventures I put them all next to each other, although admittedly not in the Realms. Is there any reason why you can't put them all "near the Shaar"?

Because I have 3 different groups of players, so I'd like to explore different parts of the Realms.

Red Hand of Doom was designed to fit very nicely into the Channath Vale, which I believe happens to be near the Shaar ...

Yup! Like I said, that one is fixed :)

Although, if you were ever planning to run the 4th edition Scales of War, a sequel of sorts to Red Hand of Doom (from Dungeon), apparently that doesn't fit in the Vale.

No plans for that, no.

Cheers!

Lord_Blacksteel

Adventurer
I ran Red Hand of Doom in 4E and placed it in Impiltur. It's not an exact geographic fit but the whole thing is in a small enough area it's really not that critical.

AslanC

Explorer
I ran Red Hand of Doom in 4E and placed it in Impiltur. It's not an exact geographic fit but the whole thing is in a small enough area it's really not that critical.

Going to put RHoD near Shaar.

Sunless Citadel is up near Neverwinter it seems.

Now just to figure out where to put Forge of Fury.

:)

Remove ads