Where to Start? & How can I help? (E-Tools)

JDragon

Explorer
Afternoon all,

Well I should finaly have a copy of E-Tools waiting for me when i get home from work today, and need to know where to start.

I've been watching all the threads here with interest as people generate files to be used with E-Tools and make it the program WoTC should have in the first place. (IMHO) :D

I know about Fluid's Boards (when they come back up), the ETHelper software, the MSN Group, & of course Erics site. :D

What am I missing? How does it all work together? Does anyone have a help script on how to put all this information to use? (or is it included with ETHelper?)

Will I be able to just drop these files in or is their more to it?

Lastly, is their anything I can do? I have access to Access 2000, but don't know anything about it. I do have spells from PHB, S&S, DoF, a couple Dragon Mags & FRCS in word format.

Thanks to everyone whos doing the work on this, keep up the great job.

JDragon

Last edited:

EricNoah

Adventurer
The only thing you need to know about ET Helper is where to get it and how to install it. It's in two zip files, you dump them into the same folder (it's explained on Davin's site).

Once you start it, you'll see a button for DB Sets. That's the import/export/set renaming utility.

To import a set, first download the set you want. It will be an .xml file.

Then start the DB Sets tool, click Import, find where you saved y our .xml file, and voila.

JDragon

Explorer
Eric,

Thanks for the heads up.

Is their any word of Morrus, setting up a page here to post all the great work everyone is doing?

JDragon

EricNoah

Adventurer
Just chatted with Russ, he's totally interested in hosting files, having a page of links, etc. for eTools. He's looking into the possibility of automated submissions, and we're discussing how "safe" it would be to allow the .chr, .rac, .mon, etc. file types to be allowed as attachments here on the boards.

Ring Wraith

First Post
Is there any one site to go to at this moment that would have the majority of the updates and tweaks available? I keep hearing : Fluid, Wizco, Davin's site???, and maybe a EN page in the future. Does anyone plain on having a website strictly for E-tools?

I'm not the genius programmer half of you guys are so this tinkering with a program is a little nerve racking. I'm probably gonna let one of my computer programmer buds hack on it and let them figure it out. :D

Thanks for any info.

EricNoah

Adventurer
If you start with my site (sig is below) and look there for files, etc., then also check my links, particularly the one for ET Helper and the MSN user group, that should get you started.

TuWakTay

First Post
I will be creating and gathering custom art modifications for E-Tools (title screens, custom skin themes, etc.) at Velvet Pantheon as my time permits. I will also be posting Neverwinter Nights art content as well (portraits, loader screens, etc.). Anyone who would like their works hosted at the Pantheon please let me know. I don't have an automated system set up to upload content but I hope to down the road.

Remove ads