D&D 4E Where was 4e headed before it was canned?

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
How much do you really need though? You say we have nothing and yet some of seem to be able to take what we have and work from there.
Brilliant and your players probably knew before sitting down at your table what to expect too... and you had a brilliant conversation where that was conveyed with ease and grace and zero of that came from the game

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
To be fair this is a different action... grabbing someone before they fall... than the one originally proposed... Using acrobatics to leap after the person and ensure neither of you take any damage when hitting the ground.
Its also not really an acrobatic action is it? I think that is significant its virtually unskilled. (your raw dex check)

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
You do realize the DMG has optional rules for lingering injuries, longer rest times, hero points, boons, etc...right? There are actual options to tweak combat to suit different genres, tropes, etc. throughout the book.
Color me a space cadet.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I predict a lot of I just hit it with my sword or fix it with my highly predictable spell at many many many tables and zero diving after falling allies. Not everyone is comfortable with 25 percent odds

Remove ads