D&D 5E Which adventure path should I acquire next

GreyLord

Legend
I have the following

Rise of the Runelords (both original and new hardback version)
Curse of the Crimson Throne
Second Darkness
Legacy of Fire
Kingmaker
Shattered Star

I don't really want Oriental Adventures unless it's full Oriental Adventures (being allowed to be Samurai, Ninjas, etc), so Jade Regent probably is out.

I tend to like the more generic fantasy themes that can be put into my campaign instead of something outside of it, which means more European medieval type focus.

I've seen Reign of Winter, but not too keen from what I've heard with them bringing our world to interact with the fantasy world...rather prefer to have fantasy world have no relation to our world.

So which one is the best one out there that I don't have, and with my tastes in mind, which should be the next one I get?

You might be out of luck until Wrath of the Righteous starts in five months.

The other six APs are not standard fantasy, and having a hook such as jungle exploration, pirates, horror, East meets West, or World(s) Tour.

While Paizo has been trying to make every other AP more generic, it looks like they're moving away from that, likely as they've already done enough generic fantasy APs for four or five campaigns, enough gaming for four to ten years.

GreyLord

Legend
Which one is the world tour? I hear CC is full of horror, but how horror is it, or is it more like an undead campaign? Which one is the World Tour?

I am looking at Wrath fo the Righteous being perhaps the next one that I may get, just have to wait for it.

Which one of the remaining ones are people's favorites?

Reign of Winter is what I referee to as the "Worlds Tour" where you hit a couple seldom seen places on the world, another world on the solar system, and the real world in magical travelling artifact that is apparently bigger on the inside.
Not your standard adventure.

Crothian

First Post
Council of Thieves is a pretty good city based campaign. It is easy to make more generic and I feel it plays a lot better when the DM makes a decent amount of changes with the AP.

E.N. Publishing's War of the Burning Sky is out for 3.5, so it'd be mostly compatible. I'd recommend ZEITGEIST, which is being designed for PF, but it's not medieval fantasy.

GreyLord

Legend
Well, I went ahead and got the entirety of Council of Thieves as that's the only real suggestion here.

I did pick up portions of others to see how they were as some parts seemed to be more eurocentric. I got the first portion of Carrion Crown, as well as the first two and last two modules of Jade Regent as that also seems to be a more direct sequel to Rise of the Runelords.

If Jade Regent turns out good, even if it's not eurocentric medieval types (though the first two modules seem to be) I may get the rest of it.

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions.

Remove ads