D&D 5E Which common monsters/creature types do you exclude from your campaigns?

GuyBoy

Hero
I gave up on swarms too, except I do recall an adventure that had a flesh golem with a hellwasp swarm inside it, which was pretty grisly!
I adore beholders, they are just so D&D.
As are owlbears; I’m running Phandelver for my grandkids and 8 year old Orla was shrieking with excitement when they encountered and slew the owlbear in the ruined castle.
“ We killed an owlbear We killed an owlbear!,” she yelled excitedly. Intrigued about how she clearly knew about owlbears despite never playing before, I asked her about it
“ Oh, everyone at my school knows about owlbears,” she replied.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
After learning about feathered dinosaurs and seeing various big clawed hairy depictions, Im convinced that Owlbears are a dinosaur species and IMC I’ve also made them a more primitive, robust ofshoot of Griffons AND Aacorocka.

3C72B221-97E8-4BB2-8FB3-B3DDEBB7E0DD.jpeg

0834B402-BC14-4538-8DCC-EA58A829C693.jpeg

DrunkonDuty

he/him
“ We killed an owlbear We killed an owlbear!,” she yelled excitedly. Intrigued about how she clearly knew about owlbears despite never playing before, I asked her about it
“ Oh, everyone at my school knows about owlbears,” she replied.

I find it fascinating that they've entered into mainstream popular consciousness. What next, flumphs showing up in nursery rhymes?

Arilyn

Hero
When I was still teaching kindergarten about 8 years ago, I went online to look for "K is for...." colouring sheets and found "k is for kobold." D&D kobolds they were too. And it was just a typical education site, not a nerd parent one.

Remove ads