D&D 5E Which content is exclusive to each of the official Eberron books?

I picked up both the Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron, and Eberron: Rising from the Last War on DnD Beyond.

I understand (and can see) that a lot of the content is shared between the books, but there is some content that is exclusive to each. I like to read such books start to finish, but I'm not interested in reading large quantities of duplicated material.

Does anyone know exactly which parts I should read to make sure I get all the content without reading duplicate content?

Chaosmancer

Legend
I do know that Wayfinder's provided different stats for the different Elves, but Rising did not. I think the Patron stuff is exclusive to Rising. Personally, I think you are fine reading Rising cover to cover, since I am fairly sure it covers more material.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Is there actually anything unique to Wayfinder's Guide? I thought there was a big outcry when E:RftLW came out that it effectively included everything and people were mad they had purchased both.

If you want all of 5e Eberron in addition to E:RftLW, Keith Baker has Exploring Eberron on DMSGuild. And he's got Frontiers of Eberron: Threshold he's working on. (DMSGuild has a sale until March 14th, and a bunch of his stuff is marked down. Just be careful because some is for earlier editions so mechanics and stat blocks will have changed.)

Chaosmancer

Legend
I can confirm Exploring Eberron is AMAZING. But I may be a sucker.

And yeah, I don't remember there being much in Wayfinder's that was unique. It might have a different phrasing, or a slightly different bit of lore, but the big beats are the same in both.

ChaosOS

Legend
There's a handful of unique bits to Wayfinder's Guide
  • A list of Gnome names that's slightly expanded from the one in Races of Eberron
  • A paragraph on Aasimar/exotic races
  • And of course, the playtest mechanics for the various races/subraces+Greater Dragonmark feats.

Remove ads