• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which creatures can be represented by those miniatures?

Shin Okada

Explorer
I have these nice little minis from Reaper Bones 3

IMG_0053.jpg

What kind of D&D creatures can be represented by those minis? Preferably, something related to undead, shadow plane or both. But anything can be met in the Underdark or in the planes of shadow will work for me. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited:

Richards

Legend
Pathfinder has a series of creatures of the plant type called "leshies" (singular: "leshy") - these could be some sort of advanced gourd leshy. I presume the minis are of Medium size? Leshies are, I believe, either Tiny or Small (they often serve the role of familiar), so they'd have to be an advanced version to get to Medium size.

Johnathan

ccs

41st lv DM
Dragonborn.

(I.E.; any creature you lack actual minis for. In my case dragonborn)

But if you want something straight out of a MM etc? Scarecrows are the 1st thing that comes to mind.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
They could also be some kind of pumpkin-shaped parasite/symbiotic or magical helm being worn by normal humanoids.

Similarly, some kind of possessing "fear spirit" would work. Or they could be the product of a conjuration or illusion spell.

Or some shapeshifters, like doppelgängers.

Shin Okada

Explorer
I presume the minis are of Medium size?
Johnathan

A little bit smaller than most of the today's "medium" humanoid minis. I guess they can be used for either small or medium humanoid creatures.

Dragonborn.

(I.E.; any creature you lack actual minis for. In my case dragonborn)

But if you want something straight out of a MM etc? Scarecrows are the 1st thing that comes to mind.

Edit: Thanks. I found Scarecrow in Dragon # 355.

Last edited:

Remove ads