D&D 5E Which D&D books currently scheduled for 2023 are you interested in?

Which D&D books currently scheduled for 2023 are you interested in?

• Keys from the Golden Vault

Votes: 69 36.3%
  • Glory of the Giants

Votes: 81 42.6%
  • The Book of Many Things

Votes: 94 49.5%
  • Phandelver Campaign

Votes: 108 56.8%
  • Planescape

Votes: 120 63.2%

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The UA that featured content for is had feats and spells related to cards. I can easily imagine monsters, magic items and short adventure settings (like the Donjon) related to the Book of Many Things filling out most of the rest of the book.
I did the math on the Deck in some thread a while back, and if we assume something like 12 pages of suggestions and material for "Dear God, my player just drew this Card, what do I do???" per card that can be drawn from the Deck, then it ends up being about the size of a standard 5E hardcover.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
There was a UA that had a feat for card magic or something that I think might show up in the book of many things.

I probably should have read further, someone has already mentioned this to you.
The Cleric of Fate Domain and the Cartomancy Feat (which was our first hint of the new Class Groups) from the UA seems likely, as are the Feats and Spells. Hard to tell what was what, since they mixed Giant, Planescape and Deck of Many Things material in n one drop.

I’d personally vote for ditching the DM screen and pumping the three books to 96 pages each. I’m also not convinced we need a new MM for Planescape - Mordenkainens’ already has a bunch of info on the Blood War, as example - maybe a ‘the players chant’ / ‘the dark of the planes’ / ‘the infinite staircase’ split would be a good divide.
There are still quite a few planar creatures left out there that need to be updated. WotC loves their modrons, and there are still ten types of hierarch modrons left to detail. Demodands/Gehreleths have been in pretty much every edition since 1st, and haven't appeared yet. And we have stats for most of the Demon Princes, but very few Archdevils yet. And the celestials have been criminally neglected this edition, although they are already hinting from the species being tested in One D&D that they're already working on that (so introducing more of them in Planescape this year would make sense).

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
There are still quite a few planar creatures left out there that need to be updated. WotC loves their modrons, and there are still ten types of hierarch modrons left to detail. Demodands/Gehreleths have been in pretty much every edition since 1st, and haven't appeared yet. And we have stats for most of the Demon Princes, but very few Archdevils yet. And the celestials have been criminally neglected this edition, although they are already hinting from the species being tested in One D&D that they're already working on that (so introducing more of them in Planescape this year would make sense).
Putting the ardling PC race in Planescape, rather than the 2024 PHB, would be a win. If they must add additional races to the PHB, there's a long, long list of other choices.

TheHand

Adventurer
I voted Planescape, as I've been running a continuous Planescape campaign since the days of 4th edition, but at this point (with the thin Spelljammer book format and everything happening at corporate heaven) let's call it morbid interest. I do collect miniatures, however, so if there's a cool Lady of Pain mini I'll probably have a moment of weakness...

lvl20dm

Explorer
I'm most interested in Planescape. I get the concern over format, but Planescape won't have pages and pages of (admittedly cool) ships.

But all of these releases sound fun. Seems like lots of adventure material, which I use even if I don't run the adventure itself - traps, puzzles and maps are always useful.

Remove ads