D&D 5E Which D&D books currently scheduled for 2023 are you interested in?

Which D&D books currently scheduled for 2023 are you interested in?

• Keys from the Golden Vault

Votes: 69 36.3%
  • Glory of the Giants

Votes: 81 42.6%
  • The Book of Many Things

Votes: 94 49.5%
  • Phandelver Campaign

Votes: 108 56.8%
  • Planescape

Votes: 120 63.2%

I guess I’m interested in the giants book; I liked Fizban’s and would like a similar book but about giants if it’s as good.

I don’t expect it to be, though, and I’m not likely to use it even if I get it.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I guess I’m interested in the giants book; I liked Fizban’s and would like a similar book but about giants if it’s as good.

I don’t expect it to be, though, and I’m not likely to use it even if I get it.
I found Fizban's to be incredibly underwhelming (to be fair, I was measuring it against the best-in-class 3E Draconomicon), but the player-facing parts of Bigby's Book Book of Giants looks worth getting on D&D Beyond for me. It's much more robust than what Fizban's offered.

Remathilis

Legend
I
[*]Planescape - three 64 page books in a post-Faction War setting? In the Spelljammer format after that disappointment? I'd rather make Planescape up out of whole cloth. And Planescape wants something beefy; it's an intricate setting.

I hadn't heard anything about this yet; is it confirmed Planescape getting a Spelljammer like release (PC book, monsters and adventure) in lieu of a more traditional setting book?

I hadn't heard anything about this yet; is it confirmed Planescape getting a Spelljammer like release (PC book, monsters and adventure) in lieu of a more traditional setting book?
They said it would be 3 books in a slipcase. But what will be in those books, or how many pages they will be, hasn't been revealed yet. Although I would think setting - bestiary - adventure is still a good bet.

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
None of the above. This has nothing to do with the OGL kerfuffle; I've been really disappointed by everything I've bought in 2022 and none of these are on subjects that interest me sight unseen.

I feel actual dread at the thought of a D&D5 treatment of Planescape.

edosan

Adventurer
I’d say None Of The Above, but not necessarily because of the OGL. I’m just not convinced they can do a setting guide without colossally messing it up. I’ve also stopped buying their adventures until I can read some reviews that actually take some time to read the books.

Remathilis

Legend
Yes, they said so in the original announcement, although they certainly have time to tweak things before release.
They said it would be 3 books in a slipcase. But what will be in those books, or how many pages they will be, hasn't been revealed yet. Although I would think setting - bestiary - adventure is still a good bet.
Huh. Must have missed that. Thanks.

Hopefully they tweak the format somewhat from Spelljammer...

Remove ads