D&D 5E Which D&D books currently scheduled for 2023 are you interested in?

Which D&D books currently scheduled for 2023 are you interested in?

• Keys from the Golden Vault

Votes: 69 36.3%
  • Glory of the Giants

Votes: 81 42.6%
  • The Book of Many Things

Votes: 94 49.5%
  • Phandelver Campaign

Votes: 108 56.8%
  • Planescape

Votes: 120 63.2%

Jadeite

Open Gaming Enthusiast
When you say Shadows of the last war, do you mean the Dragonlance book Shadow of the Dragon Queen? (all the titles start to sound the same after a while, lol)

If so, why did the Dragonlance book work for you over Ravenloft and Spelljammer?
It was Eberron - Rising from the Last War that I meant. So, it was the Eberron book that worked for me, Shadow of the Dragon Queen isn't really a setting book.

Bagpuss

Legend
You know None should really have been an option on this poll.

Or really cheeky add Pathfinder 2.0 Core Rulebook which is expected to be in stock again in April.

Last edited:

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Though I rarely but adventures, I'm interested in the Phandelver one. I'm also curious about the giant book and the Many Things book. Depending on how those turn out, I may buy them.

I'm not interested in the Planescape set—I wasn't when it released in 2e, and I'm still not.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Keys from the Golden Vault? Not interested.

Glory of the Giants? Somewhat interested, might pick it up in a year or two when it's on sale.

The Book of Many Things? Not interested.

Phandelver Campaign? Somewhat interested, might pick it up after my current campaign wraps up in a couple of years, and it's my turn to sit in the DM chair.

Planescape? Not interested.

Ondath

Hero
Now that the whole OGL debacles has died down, I can take a look at the upcoming releases!

Keys From the Golden Vault and Phandelver Campaign don't interest me that much. I run homebrew scenarios, so I might get these at a later date and pilfer them for ideas, but I'm not a big fan of 5E's adventure design (I think most adventures are designed more to be read than run, and I've seen far better layouts for 3PP adventures that make things easy for prep that I wish WotC would adopt).

Book of Many Things and Glory of the Giants interest me in terms of the new rules and options they might add. I'm wary of player options since Tasha's since power creep has been considerable, but I can always tune them down and include them that way.

Planescape is something I wanted since 2016. Granted, if it's light on content like the Spelljammer book, it will be a shame, but at least its release means 3PPs can make Sigil sourcebooks in DM's Guild, and I can always see what I dislike in WotC's 5E rendition of Planescape and make my own adaptation from there. So I'm likely to get this even though there is very little chance that I'll like it.

jgsugden

Legend
I am buying no more WotC products for a while. I'm going to watch what happens. Then I'll make a judgment call on whether to continue with D&D as my main fantasy RPG, or make a switch.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well, we don't actually know what it is yet.

I'm personally speculating that it might be a Tasha's/Xanathar's type book with a general theme of the Deck running through it, simply because the 'things' title theme kinda fits, and I personally cannot imagine how you fill an entire sourcebook purely with stuff related to the Deck. But I could be 100% wrong of course.
If every card in the deck gets 10-12 pages of material (and so far what they have said suggests Subclasses, Feats, Spells, Monsters, and maps), that's a full length book. Nothing so far suggests a Xanathar's/Tasha's style release.

Remove ads