Which D&D Campaign World did you enjoy most?

malraux

First Post
Favorite setting for reading about: Planescape. I love concept of all these ideas taken to some of their greatest extremes. I adore Sigil, for no discernible reason. Beliefs becoming real by force of belief is a great basis for a setting in theory. In practice I haven't found it to hold up.

Favorite setting to play a character in: Eberron. There's so much going on, so many great cliches, so many great locations.

Favorite setting to run as a DM: Points of Light/Netir Vale. I feel like I've found the best Lego kit ever when I put together stuff for a PoL game. And not one of those stupid Lego kits where the pieces are specially molded one off pieces either. Stuff just goes together simply and easily. It might end up being a blocky slightly funny color facsimile of a real campaign, but its awesome in its own right.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Masque of the Red Death was my all-time favorite TSR setting. I also really loved Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms and Ravenloft.

Zil

Explorer
Like the original post, my favorite _official_ D&D campaign setting is Planescape. In particular I liked the metaphysical debates on the nature of reality and the various philosophies of the Factions and sects. To me it felt like a more mature and grown up game setting which was what I was looking for at the time.

In general I thought that the 2E era put out a lot of great settings, but Planescape took the prize for me.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Dragonlance. From the organizations to the races, it just grabs me. Plus, it's got a great story tied to it as well. Just the right feel for me.

Beyond that, I also like the Forgotten Realms, Dark Sun, Spelljammer, and Eberron. I'd like to play Al-Qadim sometime and wouldn't mind playing Greyhawk.

Remove ads