Which decade would you choose?

Ulfgeir

Hero
For comfort of living, then I would choose either the 80's or the 90's (and would be able to use some of my skills for work). Besides they had good music and TV-shows back then.

I would have like to visit the earlier parts of the century, to experince Art Noveau and Art Deco as they were at the time. The roaring 20's would have been fun if I were younger. but let's not forget that there were plenty of problems back then as well.

Li Shenron

Legend
I would choose the 80s because:

• D&D was already developed enough to have endless fun, but the Internet community wasn't around yet to kill such fun
  • the best musicians had already written almost all their best songs but were still touring heavily
  • home videogames were easely available and they were all about sheer fun without the crap competitive culture

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
I'm dead. If I go back to 1-JAN-1990, I would be confined to a wheelchair, dependent upon insulin, and too emotionally disturbed and/or delusional to take care of myself by 1-JAN-1992. The medicine I need to be functional enough to manage my own medications wasn't available in the United States until 1996, and the medicine that allows me to walk wasn't FDA approved until 1998.

Fix all that crap, and I'd choose 1-JAN-1980 for all the reasons Li Shenron just described. If I can't exploit my "future knowledge"... I have literally no idea what I'd do with my life, since nothing my life's work is based on would have been released yet.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I do believe there is any decade of the twentieth century in Irish history that I would willing want to live in.

Edit: or re live in.

Last edited:

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
There's not really a good decade to be trans in. Its the 90s for me. Classic era of jrpgs. Also, I could track down child me and let them know they should probably be listening to all those clues.

I imagine that scenario (you meet your future self, they have a different gender identity) is one that many trans people would have given tons of thought to, but not most cis.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
To be honest, there's no other time I'd rather live in than the present. I might want to live through the early 80s, but certain elements would end up being pretty hellish. A focus on the birth of modern computing would be amazing to experience, the society not so much.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
There's not really a good decade to be trans in. Its the 90s for me. Classic era of jrpgs. Also, I could track down child me and let them know they should probably be listening to all those clues.

I imagine that scenario (you meet your future self, they have a different gender identity) is one that many trans people would have given tons of thought to, but not most cis.
I think every one has contemplated giving advise to ones younger self.

ccs

41st lv DM

But, thanks to Morrus's stipulation that you can't act on knowledge of the future, you CAN'T give your younger self that advice....

The 70s, so I can listen to those Black Sabbath and Deep Purple albums as they are released and see them in concert, then I could cruise through the 80s, which I have a pretty decent memory of, then check out for a bit in the 90s. Bonus, I could also buy D&D when it first comes out as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases