• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which dwarf book are you going to get?

Which dwarf book are you going to buy?

• Hammer & Helm (Green Ronin)

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • The Quintessential Dwarf (Mongoose)

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Heroes of High Favor: Dwarves (Bad Axe Games)

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • All of them! I love Dwarves!

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • None of them and quit waving that axe in my face!

Votes: 40 33.6%

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I'll second that, P'cat. The Bad Axe Dwarf book is great for those of us who like to see new skills and feats that balance those in the core books. The book is well thought out, and I can't wait for Ben to complete his series on PC races.
Message to Ben: No more playing for you. Go to your room and finish those books! Now!:D

RatPunk

First Post
Yep

Piratecat said:
I just saw the Bad Axe dwarf book. This is one I'd gladly spend the money ($10) on. It's virtually all crunchy bits, with almost no fluff, and in my opinion it's damn good.

I'll check out Green Ronin's as well; it'll be interesting to see what differs and complements the Bad Axe book.

and

Originally posted by thalmin
I'll second that, P'cat. The Bad Axe Dwarf book is great for those of us who like to see new skills and feats that balance those in the core books. The book is well thought out, and I can't wait for Ben to complete his series on PC races.
Message to Ben: No more playing for you. Go to your room and finish those books! Now!

I don't normally do this, but ditto! :)

But I'll be the first to say that Ben definately needs to keep playing. I don't know what I'd do without my semi-regular fix of Wulf's Story Hour...

Make Mine Bad Axe!!

Nail

First Post
Which book...?

I look at it this way:
Which book's dwarves would you rather NOT have beating down yer door, asking you why you didn't buy their book?:mad:

Bad Axe, baby.

JoeGKushner

First Post
thalmin said:
Message to Ben: No more playing for you. Go to your room and finish those books! Now!:D

Ah see what happens when you miss going out to these things. Ah well. Glad to hear that it's top notch stuff and look forward to getting my own copy.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Piratecat said:
I just saw the Bad Axe dwarf book. This is one I'd gladly spend the money ($10) on. It's virtually all crunchy bits, with almost no fluff, and in my opinion it's damn good.

I'll check out Green Ronin's as well; it'll be interesting to see what differs and complements the Bad Axe book.

How about some info then. Page of contents type stuff. Breakdown or prestige classes.

How does the book look in relation to other books? I know it's format is a bit different.

Krug

Newshound
I think it's pretty unfortunate that the offering from a new publisher, Bad Axe, comes out at the same time as two other sourcebooks from some of the more established d20 publishers. But from the poll, it looks like it'll still do well.

I'm sort of surprised that so many dwarf books are coming out, particularly before books about elves (yes, I know about the Quintessential Elf:) ).

As a stumpy man fan (I won't say lover of dwarves, as that has a weird connotation) I'm pleased. Are elves on the wane as the most beloved race? Or did each company schedule a dwarf book in the hopes that other companies would be looking to elves first, thus getting a leg up on the market?

Patrick Y.

PS: I voted for Quintessential dwarf, since I'm collecting the set, but I will check out the rest when I see them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads