• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which Environment book would you buy?

Which book would you buy?

• Sandstorm

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Stormwrack

Votes: 32 21.3%
  • Frostburn

Votes: 31 20.7%
  • Cityscape

Votes: 40 26.7%
  • None, they're all terrible!

Votes: 21 14.0%
  • Other: Please Specify

Votes: 9 6.0%

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
tylermalan said:
Also, I haven't really flipped through Stormwrack, but I thought it was about adventuring on the sea, as opposed to IN the sea. Am I wrong?
It's both. There's material that supports sailing ships (including new races, spells and feats) and beneath the waves (including new races, spells and feats). And monsters and adventure locations.

the Jester

Legend
Well, I voted for Frostburn, under the assumption that you're asking for advice; but I personally would buy Cityscape, since I have the other ones already. :)

Gold Roger

First Post
My default campaign setting is quite far removed from cold areas.

I own Stormwrack

I'm more interested in wilderness, travel, dungeoneering, village, planar and crosscountry politics adventures than city adventuring and Cityscape doesn't seem to offer on city advice I'm interested in.

I like Desserts and Sandstorm seem chock full of stuff close to my preferences. So Sandstorm it is.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Gold Roger said:
I like Desserts and Sandstorm seem chock full of stuff close to my preferences.
My favorite dessert is cheesecake. I'll wait for the pies and pastries sourcebook, Sugarbuzz. :lol: I've been waiting for more rules to add to an "Orc and Pie" campaign. Especially an expansion of the Profession (cook) rules!

Psion

Adventurer
Roll a d4? Really, I liked the first 3 and am interested in seeing the 4th. Stormwrack is the one I probably use the most due to the nature of my game, though I use other seafaring books as well.

For my dollar, Wildscape...

I bought this one first, then grabbed Frostburn..and realized what a waste of money. Wildscape provides D20 rules for navigating pretty much any style of terrain as well as some good role-playing bits. Its more than a 'ooh, new PrC!' book...

Remove ads