• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which is your favorite on-screen Star Trek captain?

Which is your favorite on-screen Star Trek captain?

• Willard Decker (U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Harriman, Jr. (U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-B)

• Edward Jellico (U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D)

Chun-tzu

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Yeah, he reminded me of that Hawk character from Spenser for Hire starring the late Robert Urich. :p

He reminded me of that Hawk character from Buck Rogers. :D
(BTW, I get the in-joke, Ranger REG. Good one!)

ivocaliban

First Post
I went with Kirk. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather serve under Picard, but I'd rather be Kirk. ;)

My first impulse was to say Sulu, but he's not an option. :(

hero4hire

Explorer
I *almost* like Picard and Kirk equally, but for different reasons. Kirk edges out Picard due to him being the original Captain.

I also loved it when Picard had to get Kirk to *ahem* throw his weight around.

Rackhir

Explorer
I get the feeling that a lot of this comes down to

"Who was the first Trek Captain you watched a lot of, thus becoming a major influence".

To someone who grew up with Kirk and TOS, Picard and everyone else are likely to just be pale shadows.

To someone who grew up with Picardd and TNG, Kirk's always going to be an irresponsible cowboy played by someone who overacts shamefully.

etc....

Then there's the "Capain Y" is the first captain LIKE ME! This means a lot to some people. I have a friend who treasures Storm from the X-Men because she was the first great black superhero he ever encountered and having someone like that meant alot to him, because he didn't see a lot of superheroes who "were like him".

Wombat

First Post
Sadly, this thought doesn't work for me.

I watched TOS in original release, and then later in re-runs.
Then I saw TNG
Then I saw DS9
And I briefly flirted with VOY and ENT, but dropped both of them like hot potatoes.

And yet, and yet, Sisko is my fave, definitely. Kirk is #2, but fighting hard. Picard a distant third. So the order I saw them in doesn't really seem to affect my choices.

ivocaliban

First Post
Well, I picked Kirk because he got the alien honeys! Again, Kirk is the captain I would want to be. He was brash and headstrong and it worked for him most of the time. Being Picard would be pretty dull in my opinion, but if I would much rather serve in his crew. I'd probably live a bit longer.

Rackhir

Explorer
Wombat said:
Sadly, this thought doesn't work for me.

I watched TOS in original release, and then later in re-runs.
Then I saw TNG
Then I saw DS9
And I briefly flirted with VOY and ENT, but dropped both of them like hot potatoes.

And yet, and yet, Sisko is my fave, definitely. Kirk is #2, but fighting hard. Picard a distant third. So the order I saw them in doesn't really seem to affect my choices.

I did say "a Lot" not "all". And it's nothing to do with the order, it's more like impression. First one is "your" captain. After that its life experience and tastes kicking in. Besides it sounds like Kirk isn't that far behind.

Remove ads