• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which Necromancer Games Adventures Worth Getting/Avoiding?

kensanata

Explorer
I liked Vault of Larin Karr very much and posted a review.

I was unable to really take advantage of either Bard's Gate or City of Brass.

Our first foray into Tomb of Abysthor would have ended in a TPK, had I not quickly made a few adjustments (kidnapping and enslaving the one character who had spent minutes investigating the evil rune in the entrance level instead of having a demon kill them all).

Keith Robinson

Explorer
Many thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences :) I've now put together a first wave list of wants:

Vault of Larin Karr
Lost City of Barakus
Doom of Listenshire
The Grey Citadel
Trouble at Durbenford
Siege of Durgam's Folly
The Bonegarden

These all sound pretty interesting, so look like a good starting point. I'll have to start keeping my eyes peeled (though I've got them all bookmarked at RPGNow).

Many thanks once again.

Betote

First Post
I know you already have them, but I have to say that one of my most satisfying campaigns was a sandbox-like one I ran using Crucible of Freya as start point, with Tomb of Abysthor and the ToEE placed in the general area. It ended with a TPK when they played Expedition to Castle Ravenloft but hey, being killed by Stradht Himself is almost as a good tavern story as actually defating him! ;)

I look forward to Rappan Athuk Reloaded and City of Brass, maybe as an epilogue to my current Rise of the Runelords campaign.

timbannock

Hero
Supporter
Two things worth "seconding" here:

1. Check out Necro's site for downloads. A lot of their extras and web-only stuff is really, really, really useful and cool, and expands on stuff that you really want to work into the adventures.

2. Although Dungeon Crawl Classics are indeed Goodman Games and not Necro, several are worth looking at, too. Vault of the Dragon Kings, Crypt of the Devil-Lich, the adventure about the Asylum (can't recall the name) and especially Castle Whiterock are all FANTASTIC! Castle Whiterock has to be one of the best mega-dungeon/sandbox sets I've ever seen. Incredibly well written, internally very consistent, excellent design work, excellent production values, and really, really good scripting in order to keep everything manageable. You can pretty much open up any part of any of the books and just go. Considering how freakin' huge this project is, that's awesome.

Tons of RP and quests (just before 4e came out!) and neat design.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads