D&D 5E Which Non-Classic/Magic Settings Would You like to see WotC Publish?

Let's remember Hasbro's franchises that were "old glories" but thanks the right movie or reboot cartoon they are now cash-cows again. Now Kevin Smith is working in the revival of "Masters of the Universe". Old titles can be potential hooks. And using old franchises saves efforts to promote these.

I advice WotC to watch all 3PPs. If someone is suffering a bad economic year and next to the break, but a good setting, then fandom shouldn't complain if WotC buys and anexes it to D&D multiverse. Some close videogame studios also had got some potentially interesting IP.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Let's remember Hasbro's franchises that were "old glories" but thanks the right movie or reboot cartoon they are now cash-cows again. Now Kevin Smith is working in the revival of "Masters of the Universe". Old titles can be potential hooks. And using old franchises saves efforts to promote these.

I advice WotC to watch all 3PPs. If someone is suffering a bad economic year and next to the break, but a good setting, then fandom shouldn't complain if WotC buys and anexes it to D&D multiverse. Some close videogame studios also had got some potentially interesting IP.
wait he man is getting a remake?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
i loved what they did with Diablo in ad&d 2E. Would love to return to that setting.

I know I may sound crazy here. But I would love to see zelda done as d&d 5E
I do think it's very odd we haven't seen more video game companies do D&D books, either in conjunction with WotC or otherwise. Blizzard, for one, is full of people crazy for the game.

Sithlord

Adventurer
I do think it's very odd we haven't seen more video game companies do D&D books, either in conjunction with WotC or otherwise. Blizzard, for one, is full of people crazy for the game.
Video game companies don’t need tt rpg for publicity anymore. I think the the Diablo was done back in ad&d because the people at diablo were fans that thought it would be cool to have their game as a d&d setting. And then tsr ticked off a lot of video game companies with bad bad judgement and decisions.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Eh, they still have marketing budgets. It's not like they don't need publicity at all. And Blizzard in particular sells a ton of swag and even had a set of (weirdly small) Diablo polyhedrals and a dice bag as a Blizzcon goody a few years back. I wouldn't be surprised if they had thought about bringing back Diablo as a D&D setting as part of the hype for Diablo III.

Sithlord

Adventurer
Eh, they still have marketing budgets. It's not like they don't need publicity at all. And Blizzard in particular sells a ton of swag and even had a set of (weirdly small) Diablo polyhedrals and a dice bag as a Blizzcon goody a few years back. I wouldn't be surprised if they had thought about bringing back Diablo as a D&D setting as part of the hype for Diablo III.
Crossing my fingers and praying to the gods of dice and mead

Rikka66

Adventurer

I cannot think of a better way for WoTC to foolishly spend money.

Edit: I read this post wrong and thought it was referring to other media companies, not 3PP's. My mistake. That said, I still think they would be better off making deals such as they did with Critical Role then be seen as scavenging the corpses of their competitors.

Last edited:

Remove ads