D&D 5E Which Non-Classic/Magic Settings Would You like to see WotC Publish?

wait he man is getting a remake?
I think in this case the right word would be "revival".

* I didn't say WotC should buy 3PPs but if a 3PP breaks WotC could buy the IP if this is good to avoid this to fall into the oblivion like a lesser bad option.

* I don't want troubles with trademark and copyright but some times I would like a D&D spiritual succesor of Conan the Barbarian. I don't talk about the original Conan, now a public domain character, but something with that same. I guess if this was possible, WotC would publish as setting for Magic: the Gathering and later for D&D. The fact is the geography of Hyrborea is too "square", the line of the coast can't be a flat line.

I do think it's very odd we haven't seen more video game companies do D&D books, either in conjunction with WotC or otherwise. Blizzard, for one, is full of people crazy for the game.
I remember a Warcraft for 3e book, and Everquest for 3e. There was a lot of that sort of thing in the OGL era.

It seems less enticing these days. I don't know if it's the license changing or just realizing that the ROI isn't good (despite the tiny cost).

Remove ads