Which Non-D&D TSR Game Would You Like to See WotC Revive?

Which TSR RPG Would You Want to see WotC Revive?

• Amazing Engine

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Boot Hill

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Buck Rogers XXVC

• Alternity

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • Gamma World

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • Marvel Super Hero RPG

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • Metamorphosis Alpha

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Star Frontiers

Votes: 35 38.9%
  • Top Secret

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Indiana Jones

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Conan

• Other

Votes: 6 6.7%

R_J_K75

Legend
I didn't vote for Alternity simply because it's already being done and it looks like a good update.

I was gonna vote for Alternity too until I realised it was being done as well by Sasquatch games. I look at the quick start briefly yesterday but the books were only available in pdf on Drivethru RPG, I couldnt find anything about hard cover books.

Alternity was great. We played a campaign where we just ran around our neighborhood causing havoc. D20 Modern was really fun too. Other than D&D and Star Wars those were the two we played the most.

Reynard

Legend
TSR did Star Wars????

WEG did Star Wars

WotC did D20 Star Wars (including Star Wars Saga Edition)...

don't recall a TSR Star Wars RPG...

PS: Voted for Star Frontiers, Gamma World, and Marvel Super Heroes.
Yeah, I don't know why I put Star Wars on the list either, especially considering I STILL run WEG d6 fairly regularly.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I was gonna vote for Alternity too until I realised it was being done as well by Sasquatch games. I look at the quick start briefly yesterday but the books were only available in pdf on Drivethru RPG, I couldnt find anything about hard cover books.

Hardcopy was available through the kickstarter.

This I found on Amazon...

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Top Secret. Definitely Top Secret.

Listen to me, Hillary. I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met at a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist, only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island, who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground.

Top Secret was fun, but it was also the kind of game that works best when you ignore 90% of the rules and just ad hoc everything. I distinctly remember doing 10 damage to a thug's head with a shotgun (this required rolling 0 for location and 0 for damage, both on a d10). Body parts normally only have 4 hit points in Top Secret....

Gamma World was all about the setting. I don't even remember the mechanics. Some throwaway D&D clone as I recall, but the setting was pretty great and focused on the bizarre and surreal.

Boot Hill, conversely and appropriately, was all about dying under a hail of gunfire. That's mostly what happened.

I never got in to Alternity, though I remember hearing good things. All I remember about Marvel was that it wasn't hard to be super overpowered. I only played WEG Star Wars. The rest I don't think I was aware of. Maybe Conan, but I never played it or saw it for sale.

Frankly, I'd rather run Savage Worlds than any of the above rules sets. Some of them have interesting settings, but I don't remember any of them having good rules. SW has great pulpy rules for these sorts of settings.

Remove ads