Which non-Star Wars or non-Star Trek Sci-Fi RPG do you currently play?

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
Playing in an Infinity game that just got off the ground. We're playing a group of mercenaries with ties to the Dawn Rebellion. So far the game has a strong Altered Carbon and Bourne Identity vibe. The way Momentum works in play has really helped give the game a thriller / action movie vibe.

Infinity has really strong character setup procedures. The lifepath based character creation really does an excellent job of creating characters that feel like people who have lived actual lives. It's really helped add to the spy thriller / noir feel of play so far.

Might start running 2d20 Dune sometime in the next month.
I play the Infinity miniature game but never played the RPG. The setting is interesting. Very different than the grim dark setting of 40K.

Ulfgeir

Hero
We just took a break from the Mindjammer-campaign, and had what was supposed to be a one-shot in a FATE Core setting where we played scientist at a space station near a wormhole and a straneg anomaly. There was a planned (from the GM's point-of-view) TPK there and we were left last time we played with that we should now remake those characters with the Wearing the Cape-rules (in the same setting)

Last edited:

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Stellar Adventures and John Carter of Mars (that may be arguably considered sci-fi).
JCoM is something I very much want to play or run, but I'd have to carefully figure out how to sell my group on it.
Playing in an Infinity game that just got off the ground. We're playing a group of mercenaries with ties to the Dawn Rebellion. So far the game has a strong Altered Carbon and Bourne Identity vibe. The way Momentum works in play has really helped give the game a thriller / action movie vibe.

Infinity has really strong character setup procedures. The lifepath based character creation really does an excellent job of creating characters that feel like people who have lived actual lives. It's really helped add to the spy thriller / noir feel of play so far.

Might start running 2d20 Dune sometime in the next month.
That sounds very cool.
[downloads quickstart]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
JCoM is something I very much want to play or run, but I'd have to carefully figure out how to sell my group on it.
Ditto. I’m the only Barsoom fan in my circle of geeks, so getting the others excited for it would be next to impossible.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Ditto. I’m the only Barsoom fan in my circle of geeks, so getting the others excited for it would be next to impossible.
I think for me it would require making it Barsoom et al with the serial numbers filed off. So, I'm thinking generic sandbox-y sword-and-planet.

In which case I maybe might as well just use 5E. Which is not a terrible thing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases