• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which of those adventures should I get?

Which of those you think is the best?

• Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • Banewarrens

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • Red Hand of Doom

Votes: 34 17.3%
  • The Grey Citadel

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Expedition to Ravenloft

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Shackled City

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • Lost City of Barakus

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Vault of Larrin Karr

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Wizard's Amulet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crucible of Freya

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Tomb of Abysthor

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • The Whispering Cairn

• Age of Worms

Votes: 27 13.7%
  • Caverns of Thracia

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Savage Tide

Votes: 21 10.7%
  • Goodman Games' Dungeon Crawl Classics

Votes: 24 12.2%
  • Rappan Athuk

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Coils of Set

Kvantum

First Post
Another gamer really quite impressed by Savage Tide, here. Shackled City was good, Age of Worms a bit better (although I haven't run AoW - I did run SC), but Savage Tide is probably the best series of adventures that 3.X/d20 has ever seen.

Haloq Jakar

First Post
I agree most of them are quite sound but my group has really enjoyed Red Hand of doom so far

They also liked this one that you didn't mention Sons of Gruumsh it is a forgotten realms adventure but easily adaptable to any world IMO

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

I voted for Red Hand of Doom which I'm running at the moment, but I could have chose The Banewarrens (also running) or Savage Tide (next campaign I'm going to run). Some very good adventures listed here!

Cheers

Richard

kensanata

Explorer
Well, these polls will be skewed by module distribution. If many voters don't know a good module, it will not get many votes. I don't know all the modules, so I won't vote. Instead, let me give a negative vote: I ran Wizard's Amulet as a lead-in to Crucible of Freya and didn't like it. It's basically just two encounters. The background story and the backgrounds for the pregen characters was great fun and has influenced the game for many sessions. But the encounters themselves... Meh. And you're better off recreating those pregen characters. They were created using 3.0 rules and some of them have incredibly high ability scores.

catsclaw227

First Post
I just voted for Savage Tide, though I moved before my group got through the 4th adventure, Here There Be Monsters.

I am about to run a new group through Age of Worms. It should be good fun.

FYI -- you mentioned The Whispering Cairn and Age of Worms seperately, even though WC is the first adventure in the AoW AP. Was this intentional?

What are you looking for in an adventure? I need to know these things so I can appropriately target my efforts to get you to buy War of the Burning Sky.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well I had hoped RA would get more than 3 votes...but at least Age of Worms is second.

*still can't figure why people LIKED Red Hand* It wasn't that good IMHO.

catsclaw227

First Post
RangerWickett said:
What are you looking for in an adventure? I need to know these things so I can appropriately target my efforts to get you to buy War of the Burning Sky.
This is a great adventure path. I am using it with a PbP group right now, and having a blast. If my new group wasn't itching to do a Greyhawk campaign adventure thingy, we'd be running this instead of AoW.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads