Which official 5E adventures have you played through?

I have completed Lost Mines of Phandelvar and Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but neither are options in the poll. Currently playing through Out of the Abyss so I can't really say I've played through it yet.

I have completed Lost Mines of Phandelvar and Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but neither are options in the poll. Currently playing through Out of the Abyss so I can't really say I've played through it yet.

hawkeyefan

Legend
The players in my campaign have been through Lost Mines, a decent chunk of Princes of the Apocalypse, and now all of Curse of Strahd. They've returned from Barovia to find that the Elemental Cults have spread their influence quite a bit, and are now threatening far more than the Dessarin Valley. Will be significantly altering the remainder of the adventure.

Once they complete that, most of the rest of our campaign will be a mix of homebrew and older modules. I think the Yawning Portal may come in handy for some of that.

I've read Hoard and Out of the Abyss in addition to those above. Each of them has some really strong points. Some have some weak points, as well. None are perfect, but all of them are worthwhile in some way. Lost Mines is a great short adventure, and Curse of Strahd is an impressive reimagining of a classic.

werecorpse

Adventurer
Perhaps another reason CoS spikes in use is its a tighter level spread?

Iirc it's basically a level 4-10 adventure as opposed to 1-15ish for the others

JEB

Legend
Lost Mine of Phandelver is the only one we've played through, and we did so by carving it up into pieces and repurposing the individual parts as standalone adventures. (My only attempt at an actual storyline, a four-part adaptation of Isle of Dread/Savage Tide, had challenges, so I'm not sure there will be a repeat.)

Finished Lost Mines (which took quite a while and was quite fun). Running a mash-up of PoTA and SKT. There is a lot of material and chance to role play in the AP, so they can take well over a year to run at once a week 3 hours each time. My group likes hem all so far and mixing PoTA and SKT means breaking from dungeon crawling to overland and from cultist to Giants and basically running around like mad to control the two crisises.

Ricochet

Explorer
Perhaps a "own some, completed none" option should have been made.

I own a couple and have only completed Lost Mines, but suspect many own some and haven't completed any.

I'm currently running my players through OotA too.

S'mon

Legend
Voted Phandelver but I only played 3 sessions then ran 2 or 3 sessions; GMing it I didn't like Phandalin at all so stopped. Have avoided the big adventures, instead I run converted Paizo APs, OSR stuff, and homebrew.

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
I dm Lost Mines twice, players died before ending on first time. I also cannabalized the first half of OotA for a homebrew campign. Currently as a player in a CoS game just finished Death House which we all loved. Havnt run or played Tyranny nor PotA. Thinking of running some of the Midgard/Southlands adventures next as dm. Also ran the Scarred Lands adventure Gaunlet of Spiraggos for 5e and my players loved it so maybe there is something there.

Hawkwind

Explorer
Ran Lost Mines twice with different groups, one face to face and another time on Fantasy grounds converting it to Rolemaster, Now Im running crystal shard (converted to role master) that may lead into the storm giants. The rest i have brought and they sit on a shelf next to all those Pathfinder AP's I have bought but never played

Jhaelen

First Post
I neither bought or played any of these.

Now, you could say that's not surprising, considering I'm not playing D&D 5e. But when looking for good adventure modules, I often don't really care for which RPG system or edition they've been written. So, it's really that none of them impressed me sufficiently.

wedgeski

Adventurer
I DM'd Lost Mine, and will do so again I'm sure. Superb adventure.

I'm currently DM'ing Princes and Out of the Abyss.

I briefly played in a Tiamat campaign that subsequently ended, and am currently playing in a Storm King's Thunder campaign.

Remove ads

Remove ads