Which official 5E adventures have you played through?

I have completed Lost Mines of Phandelvar and Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but neither are options in the poll. Currently playing through Out of the Abyss so I can't really say I've played through it yet.

I have completed Lost Mines of Phandelvar and Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but neither are options in the poll. Currently playing through Out of the Abyss so I can't really say I've played through it yet.

meomwt

First Post
I'm running Lost Mine of Phandelver for the Junior meomwts (and Mrs meomwt) at the moment. It's a great set of adventures suitable and adaptable for a new audience (they are 11 and 12).

Assuming I can kitbash it in time, I'll segue into Princes of the Apocalypse (which reminds me - I really, really need to start laying groundwork on that one...)

V0RTEX

Explorer
Well, were still slogging away at Tyranny of Dragons that I brought home from Gen Con 2014. Is been an epic campaign and I'm planning on taking the party all the way to level 20 by continuing the fight to the final showdown with the Queen of Dragons on Avernus.
On the first read the campaign was full of holes, but I've "rolled with the punches" and filled in the gaps as we've played and I must say it's been a beautiful thing! I suspect that this type of broad reaching, epic level 1-20 campaign with factions and politics and armies and intrigue and victories and disappointments has a once in a lifetime experience (and I've been playing for 30 years).

What more can I say!

CapnZapp

Legend
Perhaps another reason CoS spikes in use is its a tighter level spread?
I think it is a combination.

A smaller, tighter adventure just as you say. A percieved markedly higher level of overall quality and detail. A combination of both a sandbox and a clear end-game goal.

CoS simply gets to have its cake while eating it too! :)

---

Only problem is: I don't think this approach will be properly rewarded in either substantially higher sales or substantially higher feedback ratings.

What I mean by this is; I won't be surprised if WotC will repeat the mistakes of Tyranny of Dragons or Out of the Abyss in future products. There simply aren't incentives strong enough to ensure that.

If WotC gains 90% of the cash for 50% of the effort, why wouldn't they? (Drawing random numbers out of a hat here)

mrm1138

Explorer
I ran my group through Lost Mine and moved on to Hoard of the Dragon Queen afterward. Still going through Hoard, which we started in either August or September of 2015. (Our group can only meet once a month at most, and there have been a few months here and there where we couldn't meet at all.) I kind of feel like I owe it to my players to continue through Rise of Tiamat—especially since one of them just got me the adventure book as a Christmas gift—but I'd really love to move on to something else.

Goemoe

Explorer
"None of them" is missing as an option. We do play 5E since its release, but none of the adventures did fit into our campaign. I own Princes of the Apocalypse, which I read and skipped. I only use one or two ideas I found. One of the problems of those module books is the language. I would have bought/played most of them, if them had been translated to german :p

flametitan

Explorer
Just about done LMoP, next game will be A great Upheaval with one of my players DMing.

After that I'll run a game with a chunk of land that has hooks to various APs (Mainly HotDQ with a shortened chapt 4, PoTA with the mega dungeon split up from the keeps, and CoS except with Death house in the main world, rather than Barovia) and other, smaller modules.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I ran my group through Lost Mine and moved on to Hoard of the Dragon Queen afterward. Still going through Hoard, which we started in either August or September of 2015. (Our group can only meet once a month at most, and there have been a few months here and there where we couldn't meet at all.) I kind of feel like I owe it to my players to continue through Rise of Tiamat—especially since one of them just got me the adventure book as a Christmas gift—but I'd really love to move on to something else.

You could transition to SKT with Blagothkus and his Sky Castle...

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Well, were still slogging away at Tyranny of Dragons that I brought home from Gen Con 2014. Is been an epic campaign and I'm planning on taking the party all the way to level 20 by continuing the fight to the final showdown with the Queen of Dragons on Avernus.
On the first read the campaign was full of holes, but I've "rolled with the punches" and filled in the gaps as we've played and I must say it's been a beautiful thing! I suspect that this type of broad reaching, epic level 1-20 campaign with factions and politics and armies and intrigue and victories and disappointments has a once in a lifetime experience (and I've been playing for 30 years).

What more can I say!

Sounds like a fun end to the campaign with the final showdown!

Remove ads

Remove ads