D&D 5E Which "Original Adventures Reincarnated" have you run or played through in 5e?

Which "Original Adventures Reincarnated" have you run or played through in 5e?

• 1 - Into the Borderlands (B1/B2)

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • 2 - The Isle of Dread (X1)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 3 - Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (S3)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 4 - The Lost City (B4)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 5 - Castle Amber (X2)

• 6 - The Temple of Elemental Evil (T1-4)

• I play 5e, but don't use published modules.

• I play 5e and use modules, just none of these yet.

Votes: 11 52.4%

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I've run a group of non demi-humans through B1/B2 (and so turned much of it on its head). I'm hoping to send my son and his friends through with new characters soon. I'm not sure if this is the 3rd or 4th edition of the game I've used it for. I had never seen the inside of B1 before, and thought they did a really nice job of splicing them together.

I own Barrier Peaks (I think I played in the 1e one a billion years ago) and Amber (never played in any edition) and backed the kickstarter for Dark Tower (never seen).

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I have ToEE - but have never run it. I want the Castle Amber one - one of my all-time favorite adventures and I own two copies of the original Expert version.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I'm curious to know how true to the originals these are. I ran all of them but the Temple of Elemental Evil back during 1e and have been eying copies of the updated versions at stores and conventions.

Tutara

Adventurer
Not played them, but I have both Castle Amber and Expedition to the Barrier Peaks on my shelf. I did run a heavily modified version of Castle Amber as a one-shot once as well - the meal was a definite highlight!

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I'm curious to know how true to the originals these are. I ran all of them but the Temple of Elemental Evil back during 1e and have been eying copies of the updated versions at stores and conventions.
The B2 seems very true to the original (and they all come with the different versions of the originals in them for you to compare).

Iirc, the one place they seem to really differ is if the original had a bunch of rooms that were left up to the DM to decide or had random tables to populate them. In that case it seems like they pre-populate them.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
The B2 seems very true to the original (and they all come with the different versions of the originals in them for you to compare).

Iirc, the one place they seem to really differ is if the original had a bunch of rooms that were left up to the DM to decide or had random tables to populate them. In that case it seems like they pre-populate them.
Thanks!

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Of course, now you're making me want to go back and do a room by room comparison to see if I missed something glaring...

For some of the modules they've also offered some expansions. But I want to say those are usually set off in an appendix or otherwise called out.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I second @Cadence in that B1/B2 is pretty close to the original. You DO have to be careful because at 1st and 2nd level the damage PCs take care be more than what it was in AD&D or B/X.

My group enjoyed it a lot, FWIW.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases