Pathfinder 1E Which Pathfinder Resources are "Must Haves?"

tylermalan

First Post
Steel Wind covered this just above.

The Harrowing

Agh, he must have posted that right before I made my post. Thanks for the link! SteelWind, I'll check out the review/podcast when it's up for sure. Also, Serioustiger, thanks for the post. Lost of good stuff there. Multiple people now have mentioned HeroLab, and I checked it out and might pick it up.

Last edited:

enrious

Couple it with Combat Manager if you use a laptop at the game.

Actually, even if you're a player but can have a laptop at the game, you should run Combat Manager just for the rules lookups.

Saint Mac

First Post
Core
APG
Beast 1 and 2.

I think that once you've have these, you could play forever.

Ironwolfs' comment on Hero Lab, I have to ditto also. It was a HUGE time saver in making NPCs. Worth it!!!

paradox42

First Post
Bestiary 2 contains updated monster rules, including several new abilities that aren't explained in Bestiary 1. Quickie example: Lifesense, though admittedly there's not much to that one. But Lifesense is an ability listed in the Universal Monster Rules section of 2, and it's not in 1.

2 also has a few other updates such as the extended table for build-your-own-monster rules to CR 25.

Pretty minor updates, mostly, and of course the most recent rules can be found online in any case- but that is a reason to have Bestiary 2 in addition to 1 at your game table (especially if you can't easily get online from there).

Kaiyanwang

First Post
Is there something in the Bestiary 2 worth having access to other than just new monsters?

Point being, the monsters inside the book are very interesting and well made.

I loved the remade Nightshades, the two new Fiend families, the fey, the plants.

The quality of the book is equal if not superior to the B1, which is a very rare thing to see.

tylermalan

First Post
Hmmm... I don't know if I'll pick it up, then. Almost every time I've ever bought a second monster manual, I've regretted it. I just never used it!

Remove ads