Pathfinder 1E which setting do you use in your pathfinder games?

Voadam

Legend
Homebrew, but I take elements of settings I like. I loved Waterdeep and undermountain - so that city (with modifications) is in my world. I tend to like the Golorian deities, and some of their countries. I use Nyambe for my Africa Stand in. And a lot of original stuff too. The setting has been congealing like that for over 20 years. :D

Similar. Mine started out as a shared world Banewarrens Ptolus campaign that was set in a future Greyhawk setting (map and gods). Stuff added in over time, like Eberron elements, then a city from Role Aids Dwarves, then Freeport, then Forgotten Realms and Arcana Unearthed elements, then 4e elements, then Spiros Blaak, then Hamunaptra and Nyambe, then more real world D&Dified mythology and ancient history stuff, then Golarion.

Currently I'm playing in a straight Golarion setting.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I have been using Eberron for the last 5 or 6 years. Converting to Pathfinder has not been that difficult. My group has been playing characters adventuring in Xen'drik which is a mostly blank canvas that allows me to do as I like with it, including running Golarion adventures with little difficulty. I do keep the rules I allow on the light side, primarily the core rulebook and Eberron campaign setting, which means some things like the warforged and psionics have become primarily window dressing, but it works well for my players and for me. Since discovering Eberron, I don't ever want to run a different campaign setting again. It's mix of semi-cyber-punk with medieval fantasy is my dream setting.

Azgulor

Adventurer
Golarion is a great setting and has been my Pathfinder go-to since Rise of the Runlelords #1. It scratches most of my desired Greyhawk vibe. As with most published settings, however, there are some parts that I'm less fond of.

About three months ago, however, my two primary campaigns have flipped wholeheartedly to Kobold Press' Midgard. In going through the campaign setting book, there truly wasn't a nation or region that had me go "meh". Quite the opposite, in fact. I was inspired with campaign ideas for every region!

They are currently at the final few days of their Southlands kickstarter and thus far, have been the gold standard of kickstarter value & stretch goals as well as campaign setting design.

Midgard is still largely a "kitchen sink" style setting, but it's tied together in a way that few settings achieve. It also does "content integration" better than any setting I've seen. Races are tied to the setting extremely well, for example, despite some unusual choices. (Minotaurs, gnolls, dragon men, for example.)

qstor

Adventurer
I've run Greyhawk, Realms and Dragonlance games in Pathfinder but this past weekend I started a Midgard campaign by Kobold Press. Its really interesting. It has different twists on standard fantasy like orcs are very rare and so are drow. Its more based on Slavic and German folk tales than Arthurian legends. But there's Egyptian and Arabic and Norse elements too. And kobolds are a base race..

Mike

Remove ads