• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Which settingS would you most like to see for 4E

Which settingS would you most like to see in 4E?

• Al-Qadim

Votes: 71 35.0%
  • Birthright

Votes: 48 23.6%
  • Blackmoor

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Council of Wyrms

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 106 52.2%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 38 18.7%
  • Eberron

Votes: 93 45.8%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 46 22.7%
  • Kara-Tur (Oriental Adventures)

Votes: 56 27.6%
  • Maztica

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Mystara

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • Planescape

Votes: 93 45.8%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 62 30.5%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • Other (not listed here)

Votes: 25 12.3%

firesnakearies

Explorer
Dark Sun!

Please, please please.

I've been waiting for 12 years for the re-emergence of official Dark Sun products updated for the new rules of the day. Dark Sun was the best campaign setting ever published, but it was ahead of its time. The majority of the gamer fanbase wasn't ready for that kind of story aesthetic and theme back in the early nineties, but it seems clear to me that we are now.

Dark Sun for 4th edition would be perfect, and amazing. Since Bill Slavicsek is the top dog of the whole department which makes D&D, and he was the lead designer of the revised Dark Sun setting (and heck, his first project ever for TSR was a Dark Sun supplement), maybe he'll steer the ship in the right direction for us.

Let Athas rise again!

artmc

Community Supporter
In order of preference:

Al-Qadim / Spelljammer / Planescape (Tied)
Birthright
Greyhawk
Dragonlance

But the one that I am most interested in is, Age of Legends (Earthdawn conversion from RedBrick).

Though any of the campaigns that were done well, would likely interest me. :)

DracoSuave

First Post
What's funny is they've actually shown that Dark Sun is in the back of their minds with that one Dragon article on the carnivorous plants of the setting. It was just so out of no where.

Moar Dark Sun would please me, and it wouldn't even need a cataclysm to accomplish. We'll have goliaths already, not to mention, certain races already fit in the character of their DS variants and don't require mechanical change:

Dwarves
Elves
Half-elves
Halflings
Humans

All you need to round it out are Thri-kreen, Mul, and Half-Giants. Half-Giants can probably even be covered by Goliaths when they come out. With the 4.0 racial model, you can even make Mul and Kreen without ECLs stepping in.

Which reminds me, did the Thri-Kreen go away from FR with the dimensional swap?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads