Which Story Hours are still being updated regularly?

havenstone

First Post
Talismans of Aerdrim

I started posting stories from our college campaign in late June 2008 under the title The Talismans of Aerdrim. The campaign itself ran from 1996-1998 regularly, with a series of reunion games from 1999 to 2006, and I'm hoping to eventually run another couple of games to wind up the major outstanding plot points.

I update it in bursts -- every few weeks I'll have the time to write up a few more updates, which I'll then post a day or two apart. I'm a bit distracted by work, but definitely plan to keep posting, and probably have enough material to last a few years.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
I started my original Barsoom Tales Story Hour in January of 2003, and wrapped it up just about two years later, in late 2004.

I completed both my Kung-Fu Angels and Dead Man's Chest Story Hours over the next couple of years.

Late last year I finally figured out how to tell the SECOND part of my Barsoom Tales campaign and am still updating Barsoom Tales II once a week (there was a bit of a gap over August and September, but we're back online now and should be wrapping up around the end of the year).

I love the story hour format -- for some reason it seems to really fit with my imagination and work habits.

shilsen

Adventurer
The frequency gets more erratic when Shilsen is back in India for the summer, but he still generally manages to get out an update roughly every 2wks to a month. So his story hour in my sig definitely fulfills the requirements.

The Chronicles of Burne, alas doesn't. Having a second kid has seriously cramped his time and inspiration.
What he said. I just posted after nearly 2 months, which is (I think) the single longest hiatus in posts on my SH. The SH has been around for 3 years, since the earliest post is dated 10 May '06, and I know I had to restart it after the original one was lost in an ENWorld server crash a few months after it began.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
I've fallen behind but I still have some that I have been trying to catch up/keep up with. They are:

1. "The Keep on the Borderlands" AD&D 1st Edition
http://www.enworld.org/forum/story-hour/206603-keep-borderlands-b2.html

Originally posted over on Dragonsfoot.org as "Silver Moon: The Early Years", this thread chronicles my weekly gaming group's initial games from the mid-1980's. The Story Hour currently covers our first dozen modules, played from 1982 to 1984. The one being posted now combines TSR modules B2, A1 and A2. This is updated every other week.

2. "Seven Outlaws in Search of a Bank" Sidewinder Recoiled.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/story-...search-bank-sidewinder-recoiled-game-5-a.html

D20 traditional Western. This is a rolling GameDay campaign, where I have been doing two games a year, same chracters different players, since 2005. The story hour is posted for the first four games. I am currently transcribing the tapes from the 5th game, played June 2007. This is updated once or twice a month.

3. "Lost Conquistador Mine". D&D3E/Boot Hill

http://www.enworld.org/forum/story-hour/227828-lost-conquistador-mine-boot-hill-module-bh2.html

Wild West table game started a year ago using hybid D&D3E and Boot Hill rules. The game mechanics are primarily D&D and the module being used in TSR Boot Hill module B2. The Story Hour is currently at the end of the first game. Three games have been played thus far, with the 4th and final game scheduled for December. Some of the characters in this game were played in my PBP campaign that ran from August 2004 until April 2007. Going forward I plan to update this one at least twice a month until it is finished.

I have other Story Hours of my weekly gaming group, but probably won't get back to regular updates until after #2 and #3 above are caught up.

Last edited:

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Wow. I can imagine the nostalgic feelings.
Indeed. I kept a running log from all of our games for our first decade. They were written using an old fashioned device know as a typewriter, didn't buy a home computer until the early 90's, so I'm still in the process of coverting them into electronic form.

JollyDoc

Explorer
I update JollyDoc's Rise of the Runelords every week. We game weekly, on average, and I try my best to have the previous week's update posted before our next game time.

The JollyDoc SH's have been alive in one incarnation or another since...2003? Give or take.

Nebulous

Legend
I had my Masks of Nyarlathotep linked for some time, but recently removed it for space reasons. It had a lot of pictures. I'm updating our Star Wars campaign regularly but it has come to a shuddering halt at session 9 and probably won't get off the ground again. I like 4e better anyway.

Once we finish KotS i'll start posting those. I have them all written and ready on our private server (i tend to crank out an adventure summary the day afterward so it's fresh in my mind). I'm guessing we only have about 3 sessions left.

Remove ads