Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, IC02

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

"Well, I almost feel sorry for the thing. That was quite an impressive display of firepower." She stoops to look for the magical item.

Leif

Adventurer
Cloaker

The damage from Manny's Orb of Fire and Capizzio's crossbow bolt are more than enough to slay the Cloaker. Poor critter never knew what hit it! :D

Investigating to see what Tylara's spell detected beneath the rotting shield, the wizard's discover 435 gp, a garnet ring worth 250 gp, and 3 magical arrows. (I'll go ahead and tell you that they are +3 arrows, too!) There is also an iron scroll case. Looking inside the case, you find a note written in common that says:
Note from "L.K." said:
Roland, please wait at the Drake. Matter to attend to in the south. P.S. Sorry to use the map, but Myonga has a copy anyway.

On the back side of the note is a rough map that seems to show a portion of the Underdark in this area. There is an arrow pointing to one place on the map that says "L.K. 3 'keys' " Another arrow points to a different place with a note that says, "Orcs." Another arrow points to something labeled "Lake." And a last arrow points to a different place with a note that says, "Pillars? Good resting place."

OOC: The map is too big and involved for me to reproduce it for you just now, and maybe I won't ever do so. Just refer to this as L.K.'s map when you use it, and I'll be able to get you where you want to go, I hope.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

"Anyone object to my hanging on to these?" asks Tylara holding up the magical arrows with obvious excitement. "Could 'L.K.' be that wizard we heard about Larin Karr? (Kerr?) How do you read it, was this unfortunate, LK, Myonga or Roland? The letter seems to be addressed to Roland, so it could be him. I wonder how old the map is and if it remains valid? If it is still good we might have a way to get at the orcs mentioned in the letter."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC:
OOC: The map is too big and involved for me to reproduce it for you just now, and maybe I won't ever do so. Just refer to this as L.K.'s map when you use it, and I'll be able to get you where you want to go, I hope.
I don't suppose you could scan it somehow and e-mail it to us could you please?

[ic]
to Tylara:
Capizzio says," I have no qualms. I use bolts for my spell."

[/ic]

Leif

Adventurer
OOC:
I don't suppose you could scan it somehow and e-mail it to us could you please?
OOC: The thing is, the map does not actually appear in the module, even. It just tells which areas on the larger map of the Underdark are included on the map. So, if I scan the Underdark map and give that to you, Ill be giving you lots more map than you have. So, uh, no, I don't think I want to do that, sorry. Nice try, though, I was just about to do it when I cam to my senses.

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
"Anyone object to my hanging on to these?" asks Tylara holding up the magical arrows with obvious excitement.
"You are the only one with a bow, so I see no reason to object. For now, let's explore the rest of the area. If there is anything else down here, it surely must be aware of us now." Kerlan puts their findings in his Haversack for safekeeping and then begins exploring the area with the others.

OOC: I'm not sure how detailed the map is, but maybe you could scan it and just erase the parts we don't know about yet.

renau1g

First Post
"Great work everyone." Xavier says as he watches the creature lie still. Turning to Tylara he replies, "Go ahead , they're all yours."

"Kerlan's right, let's keep moving and see what else could be lying in wait for us"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manny

"Well, that was, um, abrupt."

He turns to Tylara, and spares a glance for the arrows - each easily twice as long as he is tall. "They're all yours, as far as I'm concerned. Hmmm. I wonder if I could use one as a spear . . . What am I thinking, I don't know how to use a spear!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases