White Wolf Announces Vampire The Masquerade 5E Preorder And Distribution Partnership With Modiphius

White Wolf announced that they would be partnering with Modiphius Entertainment to bring Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition (V5) worldwide in English. Modiphius will be White Wolf's distribution partner, and handle distributing the game line.

White Wolf announced that they would be partnering with Modiphius Entertainment to bring Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition (V5) worldwide in English. Modiphius will be White Wolf's distribution partner, and handle distributing the game line.

The image above, shared exclusively with EN World is by photographer Derek Hutchison and features the model Ramsey. It features a Malkavian vampire from the upcoming game.

Vampire: The Masquerade, the classic that changed role-playing games forever, returns in a fifth edition! V5 features a streamlined and modern rules design, beautiful new full-color art, and a rich story experience for new and returning players. Powered by the innovative Hunger cycle, the game also includes rules for creating system supported character coteries, Loresheets to directly involve players with their favorite parts of the setting, and Memoriam, a new way to bring the character's detailed backgrounds and expand on them in-session.

V5 is a return to Vampire's original vision, moving boldly into the 21sth century. While the rules have been redesigned, this new edition honors the deep story of the original, advancing the metaplot from where it left off and detailing exactly what has happened in the world of the Kindred up until tonight. The terror of the Second Inquisition, the conspiracies behind the Gehenna War, and the rekindling of the War of Ages: these are the building blocks of the modern V5 chronicle.

The ultimate game of personal and political horror roleplaying game, Vampire: The Masquerade, will see its fifth edition this year with the pre-order period starting midday GMT on Saturday the 28th of April. The V5 preorder will start shipping from August with the first release, the core book, available in stores from September. Two more V5 books will be released later in the Fall, the Camarilla and the Anarch setting books. V5 will also be available in other languages by the end of the year. Please visit the pre-order page for more details: https://www.modiphius.net/collections/vampire-the-masquerade.

The preorder for Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition will start on Saturday, April 28th, and the preordered books will begin shipping in August. The preorder will feature "three main full colour hardback books, the V5 corebook, the Anarch and Camarilla sourcebooks as well as an official V5 dice set, V5 storyteller screen and V5 notebook. All three books will also be available in a high quality slipcase for collectors along with a special edition of the corebook. For those wanting to mark this new edition, a collector’s edition of the corebook will also be available. The online pre-order will feature bundles including the V5 dice set, V5 storyteller screen and V5 notebook."

G

Guest 6801328

They won't be using the 2D20 system. It'll be a dice pool system, modified from previous White Wolf games. The playtest files are available for free on the worldofdarkness.com site for free. They may not be final, but they give a good indication about what to expect.

Modiphius are just distributing, as they do with quite a lot of different games these days.

That's good. I can't claim to love Modiphius' games, but from what I've seen their production quality is very high.

Shaun Farrell

First Post
I miss the old world of darkness. Hated the way they killed it. And very much disliked the weak rehash of the universe. Thing is I liked nWoD mechanics. Shame non of my friends or I had any interest I learning the world anew

I also liked the OWoD best, back in the 1st Ed days. And I Never seemed to have those mechanics issues that some people have mentioned here. I both ran, and played in mixed games where there were vampires, werewolves, mages, and humans mixed together and things never got weird with the rules.

And on another note, while we wait for the final few hours to pass before the pre-order opens up, White Wolf posted on Facebook that the team that did Tales From the Loop, Fria Ligan (Free Legion), was doing the graphic design in the new books. If this ends up not being horribly expensive, then I will probably be ordering it this weekend.

Also, one other side note. White Wolf will be at E3 in June, so maybe they will be revealing a new video game to go with the new rules? I just do not see them going to the biggest video game event of the year to show off books.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm loving Modiphius' Star Trek Adventures games, but I'd be wary about pre-ordering from their site. Mostly because they're based in the UK so shipping prices will be higher.
I'd definitely recommend waiting until you can pre-order from FLGS or an online retailer. (I buy my STA books from a game store that sells online.)

Pre-order is live and *oof* those prices.
$56 is pretty high, especially when there's no associated page count. Ditto the $49 sourcebooks. High, but not unreasonable...
But the $30 Storyteller screen. WTF?

And the price jump from the regular to collector's edition is pretty steep. $56 to $138... Faux leather doesn't cost $82. $25-$30 would be more in line with the cost increase.

I liked VtM back in the day. Played a few Revised edition campaigns. But pre-ordering a system sight unseen always worries me. I've been burned before.
Wasn't this game in Alpha just a year ago? What happened to the Beta? And the feedback I can find on the V5 GenCon alpha seems pretty mixed.

Pre-order is live and *oof* those prices.
$56 is pretty high, especially when there's no associated page count. Ditto the $49 sourcebooks. High, but not unreasonable...
But the $30 Storyteller screen. WTF?

And the price jump from the regular to collector's edition is pretty steep. $56 to $138... Faux leather doesn't cost $82. $25-$30 would be more in line with the cost increase.

$56 is only $6 higher than what most core books cost these days, so that is not a big deal. The two spircebooks being $49 instead of $40 is more than I expected. But looking at all the prices on the pre-order page, I am betting that a lot of the deals with the slipcase set will sell. The base slipcase set is all three books with the slipcase to hold them for $138. So that is $16 less than buying the books individually. Oh, and as I read the actual descriptions of the books, all these prices include a code for a free PDF of the book. So that makes the price a lot more reasonable for the base books. I will not even mention the crazy prices for the higher end versions of the books.

The Ancilla bundle may end up being the most popular, as it includes the slipcase set of books, a set of the new dice, and a special notebook for $152.

I will say that I wonder about the dice pools for this new version, as that new dice set comes with 20 10-sided dice and the dice are all symbols and no numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

$56 is only $6 higher than what most core books cost these days, so that is not a big deal.
Yeah.
I could have phrased my post better. It core rulebook is high, but not unreasonable. The splatbooks... that depends on the page count.

The screen though...

Also, special dice. Ugh. Thankfully, the price is closer in line with regular dice prices (unlike Star Trek).

I will say that I wonder about the dice pools for this new version, as that new dice set comes with 20 10-sided dice and the dice are all symbols and no numbers.
Based on the playtest documents, the target number was '6' for each 10 sided dice, so the likelihood is that half will have symbols on them and the other half of the sides will have no symbol. I'd imagine that the dice will be nice, but not essential if you have other 10 sided dice.

Heads up for people in the US thinking about pre-ordering direct from Modiphius. I have not gone into the order process far enough to see the shipping costs, but I did see someone on Facebook complain on their page that the slipcase set was going to cost $37 to ship to the US. They did not say what shipping method it was, but that is a horrible amount and totally negates the advantage of the free PDFs that come with purchase.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Heads up for people in the US thinking about pre-ordering direct from Modiphius. I have not gone into the order process far enough to see the shipping costs, but I did see someone on Facebook complain on their page that the slipcase set was going to cost $37 to ship to the US. They did not say what shipping method it was, but that is a horrible amount and totally negates the advantage of the free PDFs that come with purchase.

Shipping to and from the US is ridiculously expensive. It’s a real problem for small RPG companies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads