White Wolf Announces Vampire The Masquerade 5E Preorder And Distribution Partnership With Modiphius

White Wolf announced that they would be partnering with Modiphius Entertainment to bring Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition (V5) worldwide in English. Modiphius will be White Wolf's distribution partner, and handle distributing the game line.

White Wolf announced that they would be partnering with Modiphius Entertainment to bring Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition (V5) worldwide in English. Modiphius will be White Wolf's distribution partner, and handle distributing the game line.

The image above, shared exclusively with EN World is by photographer Derek Hutchison and features the model Ramsey. It features a Malkavian vampire from the upcoming game.

Vampire: The Masquerade, the classic that changed role-playing games forever, returns in a fifth edition! V5 features a streamlined and modern rules design, beautiful new full-color art, and a rich story experience for new and returning players. Powered by the innovative Hunger cycle, the game also includes rules for creating system supported character coteries, Loresheets to directly involve players with their favorite parts of the setting, and Memoriam, a new way to bring the character's detailed backgrounds and expand on them in-session.

V5 is a return to Vampire's original vision, moving boldly into the 21sth century. While the rules have been redesigned, this new edition honors the deep story of the original, advancing the metaplot from where it left off and detailing exactly what has happened in the world of the Kindred up until tonight. The terror of the Second Inquisition, the conspiracies behind the Gehenna War, and the rekindling of the War of Ages: these are the building blocks of the modern V5 chronicle.

The ultimate game of personal and political horror roleplaying game, Vampire: The Masquerade, will see its fifth edition this year with the pre-order period starting midday GMT on Saturday the 28th of April. The V5 preorder will start shipping from August with the first release, the core book, available in stores from September. Two more V5 books will be released later in the Fall, the Camarilla and the Anarch setting books. V5 will also be available in other languages by the end of the year. Please visit the pre-order page for more details: https://www.modiphius.net/collections/vampire-the-masquerade.

The preorder for Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition will start on Saturday, April 28th, and the preordered books will begin shipping in August. The preorder will feature "three main full colour hardback books, the V5 corebook, the Anarch and Camarilla sourcebooks as well as an official V5 dice set, V5 storyteller screen and V5 notebook. All three books will also be available in a high quality slipcase for collectors along with a special edition of the corebook. For those wanting to mark this new edition, a collector’s edition of the corebook will also be available. The online pre-order will feature bundles including the V5 dice set, V5 storyteller screen and V5 notebook."

Shipping to and from the US is ridiculously expensive. It’s a real problem for small RPG companies.

I went further into the order process and now I know why the shipping is so high from them to the US. The only shipping option is DHL tracked shipping and they also use the most up to date currency conversion rate for all shipping and actual book prices. That probably explains the slightly odd dollar prices on the books too. That $56 core book will probably end up being only $50 at retail when bought from a shop here in the US, or it could easily be a $60 price to cover the fluctuations in the conversion rate.

I did a little more looking around to figure out why White Wolf would be at a big video game trade show like E3 and I found that there is a new Werewolf video game scheduled to come out sometime in 2019, so I would guess that is something they will be showing off next month at E3.

Oh, and those shipping costs are still really bugging me. I am not paying $40-50 just in shipping to get the full set. With as many different game lines that Modiphius puts out now, I just do not understand how they cannot have a US warehouse to ship from. C7 and other non-US publishers can do it, so why can't they?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads