• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

White Wolf viciously attacks everyone who roleplays for fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

hong

WotC's bitch
Campbell said:
Nisarg, I want to congratulate you on some seriously entertaining ranting. Only Hong provides more entertainment per post.

Nooo!!! It's not true! It's not true!!!!

*cry*

eyebeams

Explorer
The situation around the decline of the games industry in the 90s was already discussed here in the Dancey Resigns thread, way back. Among the participants is Ray Winniger, whose game, Underground is representative of the differences in scale and, as a Dragon regular, has plenty of cred among the D&D set, too.

Last edited:

Numion

First Post
eyebeams said:
The situation around the decline of the games industry in the 90s was already discussed here in the Dancey Resigns thread, way back. Among the participants is Ray Winniger, who's game, Underground is representatuve of the differences in scale and, as a Dragon regular, has plenty of cred among the D&D set, too.

Was it that when one designer threw a hissy fit when he noticed that it's '900 pages of rules' D&D that sells like hell, and his own story based rules light system flopped .. hmm .. I'm beginning to remember, after the fit he actually designed for d20.

EDIT: Thats it. The module was "Whats that smell", with the d20 logo placed directly under the title. Goes to show the self-proclaimed maturity of the storytelling designers :p

Last edited:

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Nisarg said:
D&D players are no less intellectual than WW players, we're just less pretentious.
D&D players don't need to be "helped" to role play better, we've been doing it just fine on our own for 15 years longer than WoD has been around, thank you very much.

Troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll, trollity troll, trollity troll!

I play both... what does that make me? Are you claiming to be some kind of super psychic? You seem to think you know the opinions of all of the world's WW players. Only some kind of Super Psychic would be able to make that claim with any kind of certainty. I don't think any game is any better than any other. You find a system you like and run your game with it. To me, the system really doesn't matter... it is the story itself that matters. You can run the same story with D&D, Rolemaster, Paladium, GURPS or White Wolf. It makes no difference.

eyebeams

Explorer
Numion said:
Was it that when one designer threw a hissy fit when he noticed that it's '900 pages of rules' D&D that sells like hell, and his own story based rules light system flopped .. hmm .. I'm beginning to remember, after the fit he actually designed for d20.

EDIT: Thats it. The module was "Whats that smell", with the d20 logo placed directly under the title. Goes to show the self-proclaimed maturity of the storytelling designers :p

No, John Wick wasn't in that thread and by and large, he's mellowed out since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads