Level Up (A5E) Who’s making non-player facing stuff?

Waller

Legend
Nearly all the 3PP stuff is player facing… archetypes, feats, etc. I have enough of that to eke me going for now so I’m looking for Narrator stuff. Especially:

Monsters and NPCs in the A5e format

Exploration challenges (I have DM Sarah’s excellent book)

Adventures which use the new A5e stuff

New rules subsystems

Regions

Not really after settings unless they benefit specifically from being A5e rather than o5e.

foxblade

Explorer
Nearly all the 3PP stuff is player facing… archetypes, feats, etc. I have enough of that to eke me going for now so I’m looking for Narrator stuff. Especially:

Monsters and NPCs in the A5e format

Exploration challenges (I have DM Sarah’s excellent book)

Adventures which use the new A5e stuff

New rules subsystems

Regions

Not really after settings unless they benefit specifically from being A5e rather than o5e.
Homebrew and Hacking's new book will have a sports subsystem and other Narrator stuff (https://www.kickstarter.com/project...worlds-to-go-the-elysians?ref=profile_created). They also put out that adventure Dragons vs Biplanes.

Purple Martin Games put out the fantastic Benefactors & Guardians (https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en...olent-organizations-for-your-fantasy-campaign): although that is system neutral.

Steampunkette's Paranormal Power has a whole monster section and stuff about the mindscape (https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/product/459824/paranormal-power-community-art-version)

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
I'll probably have some more Narrator-facing content at some future point. I'd like to do a monster book, but I just don't have the art budget, and based on my sales for my player-facing stuff, I don't think there's a large enough third party-buying A5E consumer base to fund one, even using crowdfunding.

Pedantic

Legend
I'll probably have some more Narrator-facing content at some future point. I'd like to do a monster book, but I just don't have the art budget, and based on my sales for my player-facing stuff, I don't think there's a large enough third party-buying A5E consumer base to fund one, even using crowdfunding.
While you're almost certainly right, I do think monster books have the greatest O5E crossover potential.

Selganor

Adventurer
Gate Pass Gazette has quite a few of them.

And in the A5E-section of DTRPG I see some:

Two "Ecology of Gravitas" by Josh Gentry (I'm a big fan of the "Khalkos Conspiracy")

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
While you're almost certainly right, I do think monster books have the greatest O5E crossover potential.
I support A5E, not O5E (though I might eventually support Tales of the Valiant). And this is a sideline/monetized hobby, not my living, so I can afford to draw that particular line in the sand. (Also, this isn't a "woe is me" thing; I have more than enough ideas for three lifetimes. I'll work on other stuff that's easier for me to do within the parameters I have.)

Last edited:

Remove ads