D&D 3E/3.5 Who created the Sorcerer?

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
It's the old Magic Nerds vs Magic Jocks thing, even in FR Lore a lot of Wizard dominate nations don't like Sorcerers, Thay, Halruaa, perhaps others. Clerics tend to view Favoured/Divine Souls Sorcerers simularly, sometimes. I'm trying to think of a single FR nation that perfers Sorcerers, but nothing comes to mind. I do some research.
I'd say it's more like academic vs. self taught thing. The wizards and warmages attending their colleges and academies, spending years to learn magic and get their magic degree looking down on the guy figuring out magic in his garage.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
It is also the fact that it is right next to the sorcerer alternate class features. The one spot in the book dedicated to the sorcerer is dissing them. It would be different if this quote was next to the wizard, or or if next to the wizard there was a similar quote by Hennet. But it isn't, instead there's only love to wizard in the many pages dedicated exclusively to them.
Granted they could have maybe had a positive quote about the sorcerer at that spot in the book, but I'd still wouldn't read that as any sort of malice against the class on the behalf of the designers.

Remove ads