“Go for the eyes!”
Is now an actual monster attack!

39827C2B-763B-4483-BD31-C41A9503023D.jpeg

E1A4696A-02A0-408E-B857-58CB3FF31C48.jpeg

291F2842-DDC2-4A64-9466-730875EDE9C6.jpeg

Last edited:

GreyLord

Legend
Not sure why Chris really likes Space (edit: I mean...spelljammer...of course) Jammer, not really my cup of tea...but...

Go for the EYES!

I do enjoy the BG series.

MarkB

Legend
At some point I want someone to polymorph him into a bull, so that he can be called 'Boo, the Minotaur Giant Space Hamster".
In Baldur's Gate 2 I did once use Polymorph to create a Boo stand-in. It was after completing the quests around Trademeet, when they celebrate the party by immortalising them with the Heroes of Trademeet statues in the main square - and I noticed that there was one statue missing. No heroic rodent statue.

So, I made a careful selection of spells, then headed on over to Neeber, the incredibly-annoying-by-design character who was the brother of Noober from the first game.

Step 1: Polymorph Neeber into squirrel.
Step 2: Charm Neeber.
Step 3: Walk Neeber over to stand next to Minsc's statue.
Step 4: Flesh to Stone.

Result: Perfect complete set of statues of the Heroes of Trademeet. Maybe a little follow-up work with a chisel to lose the bushy tail.

Thommy H-H

Adventurer
I have to admit that it does bug me a little bit that the actual  joke about Boo and his nature has kind of been lost over the decades of his memification. I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't the point that he was just a regular hamster and that "miniature giant space hamster" was obviously Minsc trying to justify why he thinks this ordinary rodent can speak to him? I haven't kept up with the FR canon re. Minsc and Boo, so I imagine it's since become the case that Boo is exactly what Minsc thinks he is - certainly it's the case now, according to this video - but that sort of seems to miss the point!

I'm not mad about it or anything, but it does mean Minsc is retroactively the only sane person in the Baldur's Gate games...

Remove ads