D&D 5E Who is planning on changing their existing games over to 5e?

AeroDm

First Post
I can't help but be drawn in by the allure of something new. It'll get attention. That doesn't mean it'll become the staple of my gaming, but it *is* hard to not be tempted.

Li Shenron

Legend
I haven't had a "current" game in the past few years due to family, but several times I was tempted to run some single evenings, or short series. Difficulty of preparation and time required (consider that I have become rusty with the 3ed rules already) has been the main obstacle, to the point that I had already decided that I would have "switched" to BECMI to make my life easier... then 5e was announced, and since it appears that it will resemble 3e enough to be familiar to me BUT easier to prepare and run, I will very likely "switch" to it when it's published. In the meantime, I'll run with the playtest rules or with BECMI. But again, since I'm going to run standalone adventures, even if I can use some older homebrew for the setting I'm not strictly going to need to "convert" anything, really...

Shades of Green

First Post
Unless 5E gets stellar reviews, I see little reason to abandon ACKS for it; after all, ACKS already fits my gaming style to the hilt, so why spend a lot of money on three new core books, unless they're really, really good?

KesselZero

First Post
I'm in the minority; I plan to jump ship from 4e to 5e as soon as possible. 4e doesn't really support my style of play (sandboxy and freeform) very well, but it's what my extended group plays and I don't hate it. I'm very excited for 5e.

Agamon

Adventurer
I'm not currently playing D&D. If I do, it'll likely be 5e. If 5e turns out not to be our cup of tea, a different game (probably Hackmaster or Savage Worlds) will do.

Crazy Jerome

First Post
If I had to guess right now, I'd say that it will probably join my "Top 5" list of games that our group will consider using, when it gets time to start a new campaign. It may displace BECMI/RC in the process. But that's just a guess.

That could mean that it gets played on launch, or it could mean it keeps coming in second for the next decade and never gets played. I never know until we pick the campaign and system.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
As of right now, it's too early for me to make this decision.

If 5E works better for me than previous editions, and will take less houseruling on my part, then I'll probably switch to using 5E (but only if they also return electronic downloadable versions of all former and current books - in an ownable format, not just rented online).

If it doesn't, then I won't.

But if WotC returns sales of electronic versions, I will buy 5E, and likely get a DDI subscription, even if I don't completely switch over.

B-)

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I'm happily still running a 3.5 game, and playing in several 4e games. I'm not a big fan of switching a game mid-campaign, but by the time it comes out I'm sure that one or more of the games I'm in will have ended and I'll gladly give 5e a run. (If I'm not playing something else. Recently we've been talking superheroes again.)

Different game systems scratch different itches. From the playtest 5e looks playable and I only expect it to get better. Will it be "one system to rule them all" for me? I've never met one yet. It's what do we feel like playing now.

Remove ads