who is the first 3rd party publisher

bolen

First Post
I know the OGL (or whatever the new name for it) comes out next week but couldn't you pay and get this early or was that changed?

Anyway I would expect to see some 3rd party products out for gen con or am I wrong here? If not has anyone announced any?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4news/20080606a

We are excited to announce that the Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition Game System License will be released early next week.

The license with accompanying System Reference Document (SRD), Statement of Acceptance (AKA confirmation card), Compatibility Logo, and FAQ will be posted to http://www.wizards.com/d20 and will go live immediately upon publication. The license, logo, and acceptance form will be posted as downloadable files.

Anyone wishing to participate in the D&D 4E GSL will need to fill out a Statement of Acceptance and return it by mail to Wizards of the Coast.

First on-sale date for GSL compatible products is October 1, 2008.

We are also working on a new fan site policy, to be made public at a later date.

I expect dozens, maybe hundreds of products to be released by third party pubs in October.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Mark said:
I expect dozens, maybe hundreds of products to be released by third party pubs in October.

So what you're saying is that whoever likes 3rd party products should already start saving up for October, eh? :)

bolen

First Post
I guess Goodman Games will announce on the 21st of June (free RPG day)

Thanks for the info Mark. Have you announced any plans?

I guess that Wizards wanted gen con to themselves. I wonder if that is a smart move? Seems like a lot of 3rd party companies will loose business. Do you as a publisher think that is smart?

So there will be no Green Ronin like companies selling whatever the 4th edition version of "Death in Freeport is. (at least not this year)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Dog Moon said:
So what you're saying is that whoever likes 3rd party products should already start saving up for October, eh? :)

Indeed! :D

bolen said:
Thanks for the info Mark. Have you announced any plans?

Not just yet as far as 4e is concerned. I've got to see the GSL and what form the SRD takes to know what I am to do. I do know that my MF WARS line of rules will be forthcoming (read: when I have enough time between work and school to get it done and out) and my Grymvald systemless setting will also be out this summer and beyond. Thanks for asking! :)

Remove ads