• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who is the Leader among D20 companies?

Who is the best D20 Company and why?

• Wizards of the Coast

Votes: 77 39.3%
  • Necromancer Games

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • Green Ronin

Votes: 20 10.2%
  • Kenzer

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • S&S/White Wolf

Votes: 31 15.8%
  • Fantasy Flight

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Moongoose

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 19 9.7%

Over the last few months, I have noticed a paradigm shift away from Wizards. I think that Wizards will eventually sell of their d20 business because it seems that the market share is rapidly moving towards othe d20 companies.

So here is the fun poll, who do you think will be the leader in the field?? (apologies for leaving out any companies ahead of time).

EricNoah

Adventurer
What do you mean by leader, exactly? Most profitable? Most products out? Best quality of products? And, well, what is The Matrix?

hong

WotC's bitch
EricNoah said:
And, well, what is The Matrix?

Duh. It's an energy field produced by all living beings. It surrounds us; it penetrates us; it binds the universe together.

Hong "or is that duct tape?" Ooi

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
EricNoah said:
What do you mean by leader, exactly? Most profitable? Most products out? Best quality of products? And, well, what is The Matrix?

You beat me to it. I wasn't going to make a Matrix joke though. I guess you learn that kind of stuff when you hit the big time.

Damn 20th level Loremasters and their questions!!:D. My definition of the best would be the company that is going to be the most innovative as well as having the largest market share (i know the two might not go hand in hand).

Gospog

First Post
I think SSS has given D&D a "new spin" while still keeping it D&D. That's impressive, to me.

Though I think that the D20 mini-games in Polyhedron are just fantastic, and for me, are what D20 is all about! I love them all!

SSS got my vote, but only just...

EOL

First Post
I think Wizards may lose market share, but I also think that the total market is just going to keep getting bigger. Also I think it will be a very long time before Wizards is not the biggest kid on the block, there's just too much name recognition. Ask yourself how much does the average D&D player know about D20 publishers? Probably less than you might expect.

KDLadage

Explorer
OTHER

The answer is Jagged Edge Games...

;)

Honestly, I like mys tuff better than anyone elses. But then again, I'm biased.

Last edited:

Remove ads