Who is the most well known character to you? (Conan, Drizzt, Elric, Geralt)

Who have you heard of/know?

• Conan the (Barbarian, Destroyer, Slayer, etc...)

Votes: 81 91.0%
  • Drizzt Do'Urden

Votes: 45 50.6%
  • Elric the White Wolf

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Geralt of Rivia

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I know none of these, I shall Google them!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Mankcam

Villager
Ok I’m mid era Gen X and I totally dig Conan and Elric.
Conan is by far my favourite. The movies are okay, but the books and comics are great, as well as the various RPGs portraying The Hyborian Age ( Mongoose D20, Modiphus 2D20, etc)
Both of these characters scream Sword and Sorcery to me. Elric tends to do this with a Prog Rock soundtrack going on in the background!
I found it odd to read that the OP was only aware of Elric from books and not the Elric/Stormbringer rpg (but it has been gone for some time).

Those other two characters are barely on my radar.
I remember the Drizzt Drow Elf books back in the 1980s but I wasn’t an AD&D/Forgotten Realms fan so I never really followed that series. I am only aware of the other character thru The Witcher PC game. It looks great, but I focused on other things at the time, so I kinda overlooked it.

Last edited:

hejtmane

Explorer
I would say I know Elric the best I read most of Michael Morrcock book's growing up.
I know who Conan is but more from the Sunday comics with Flash Gordon and then the 80's movie; I never read the Conan books and only a little of the Sunday comics.

I did not discover Drizt until way late and the other guy I never heard off

Dam I am dating myself

You know that BlackRazor sword in D&D is a rip off of Morrcock's StormBringer from Elric and the Hand and Eye of Vecna are also rippoffs of Morrocock from the Corum series they were called Hand of Kwll and the Eye Rhynn.

fjw70

Adventurer
Conan is definitely the most well known of that group. I know Conan and Drizzt the most, I have heard of Elric, and have no idea who the last guy is.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
I only answered Elric and Conan though I do know Drizzt Do'Urden up to the point I stopped reading because I felt they got too repetitive and redundant.

I had absolutely no idea who Geralt is before googling and even then know virtually nothing other than he's the main character in stories I've never read and in games I've never played (or even seen).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads