Who plays paintball?

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
We run short games on a private field. Between the two main guys running the field, we have about 24 markers and appropriate masks (I've got 7 markers, the other guy maintains a stock of between 12 and 24 depending on the season).

We play about once a month in the summer. It's fun, but after playing for five years, it's gotten to the point where the combination of the well-loved markers and the experience that the two of us have makes game play somewhat... uneven. If he were a good shot, it would be devastating. As it stands, if I play hard and we are playing with our regulars, I can account for 50-80% of the hits in a game.

Pretty good for a fat guy in Marketing.

Chimera

First Post
Played for six years or so, ending in the mid 90's.

Started in the days of the old marker guns. Bolt action, less accurate than you could ever believe. People running around in street clothing (no camo) with goggles.

Played quite a bit. The game was just evolving and growing to use pump guns with large hoppers, face masks and full out camo. Face masks were good, because before that, I'd had the unfortunate "pleasure" of being hit square in the face from less than 10' away in each of the years I played.

Played on a tournament winning team my second to last year.

Stopped playing when the Dial-A-Welts came into play. Variable speed guns. You'd have to "qualify" the gun below a certain speed, but then the real expletives would crank up the gun as high as it would go. The last game I played, I got plastered in the middle of the back with one of those monsters. Left a nice little white spot in the middle and a pie-plate sized bruise around it. And I don't bruise easily. I walked off the field, went straight to the field owner, and had the offending player ejected from the field (sent home). Then I went home, sold off my gear and stopped playing.

diaglo

Adventurer
i played once. iirc it was around 1989 or so. maybe it was 1990.

at a bachelor party.

it was a capture the flag game.

ended up covered in welts. during the game i didn't notice how much it hurt. i was just having fun.

but the car ride home. i noticed.

Arkham

First Post
I used to play a bit. Not so regularly anymore, though I've got friends in two scenario teams around here. Both Teams Shortbus and California Gridlock.

Remove ads