D&D General Who should play Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson in a D&D biopic movie?

Sacrosanct

Legend
I'd rather a biopic about Ed Greenwood and Jeff Grubbs, creators of the Forgotten Realms, both have solid reps as nice guys and I suspect they have more interesting life stories.
Ed Greenwood was criticized pretty heavily as far back as 20 years ago for his sexism in his novels. That was 20 years ago, so you can guess his writing has aged even worse by today's standards. I'm sure he'd like to keep out of the spotlight as much as possible now, with how early D&D is under more scrutiny than ever.

A movie needs a good antagonist. Who would play Lorraine Williams in this movie?

lorraine_williams.jpg

I think Ann Dowd, who was terrific as Aunt Lydia in The Handmaid's Tale and as Patti in The Leftovers would be excellent in this part.

Sacrosanct

Legend
A movie needs a good antagonist. Who would play Lorraine Williams in this movie?

View attachment 145453

I think Ann Dowd, who was terrific as Aunt Lydia in The Handmaid's Tale and as Patti in The Leftovers would be excellent in this part.
Well, if you want historical accuracy, Gary IS the antagonist. Blume bros right after. Lorraine has always got an unfair rap (not that she didn't do things wrong, but she gets blamed for ruining TSR when the boys already did).

Remove ads