• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who wants to be a Wayfinder? Part 1

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The combatants in the center of the ship ignore Johan's shout. Closer now, Johan, Seria, and Midian can now see what is happening. Sir Brelloch, wearing a rain darkened cloak over his shining metal armor, is wielding a long dagger and fighting both the Shifter Urrup and Grud'al. Parrying the half-orcs sword, he spins and expertly cuts deep into the shifters upper chest. As he pulls the dagger free he slices it upwards, cutting something free that he snatches with his free hand. Urrup collapses to the ground.

Map
[SBLOCK]
Code:
Top Deck
   .#.
  .###.
 .#####.
.#######.
####[COLOR=Red]I[/COLOR]####
#.......#
#.......#
#.......#
#...#...#
#[COLOR=Blue]H[/COLOR].###.H#
#...#...#
#S......#
#.M.....#
#.#.JG#.#
#.#.UB#.#
#.......#
#..###..#
#.......#
#.......#
#..###..#
##[COLOr=Red]I[/COLOR]###[COLOR=Red]I[/COLOR]##
#########
#########
#########

S = Seria
M = Midian
J = Johan
U = Urrup
G = Grud'al
B = Sir Brelloch

Blue H = Stairway (Whisper/Jaron)
[/CODE]
[/SBLOCK]

OOC
[SBLOCK]

Balance Check Results:
Seria and Midian - Half speed (Quarter for Seria moving half speed and hiding)
Johan - Full speed

Initiative Order:
Seria 20
Whisper 20
Jaron 15
Midian 13
Johan 11
Grud'al and Sir Brelloch
[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

SelcSilverhand said:
The combatants in the center of the ship ignore Johan's shout. Closer now, Johan, Seria, and Midian can now see what is happening. Sir Brelloch, wearing a rain darkened cloak over his shining metal armor, is wielding a long dagger and fighting both the Shifter Urrup and Grud'al. Parrying the half-orcs sword, he spins and expertly cuts deep into the shifters upper chest. As he pulls the dagger free he slices it upwards, cutting something free that he snatches with his free hand. Urrup collapses to the ground.

Midian struggles to maintain his footing in the storm, falling behind Johan in the process. He feels a cold dread when the shifter falls. Moving precariously, he reaches Urrup. Wind howling and rain whipping in his eyes, the druid has to focus himself, but he manages to connect to the natural forces in the world around him, muttering below the wail of the storm and channeling a tiny portion of its power through his hands into Urrup's still form.

"He should be stable now!" he calls to Johan.

[sblock=OOC]15' move to the slot just to the left of Urrup.

Concentration check 15 to cast Cure Minor Wounds on Urrup.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper remains in the hatch for the moment, clinging to the ladder with one hand as her other makes the looping motions necessary to activate her spell as she chants over the wind.

A bright, momentarily dazzling spark of pure energy cracks from her fingers and zigzags down the deck, slamming into Brelloch from behind.

(1d4+1 damage)

"Stand down, Brelloch! The battle is joined! You cannot win!"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Stand down Brelloch, and I'll ensure you get a fair trial." Johan says, slashing at the man with his dagger.

Mista Collins

First Post
Still moving slowly as she tries to keep her balance and remain unseen, Seria moves along the ships railing, hoping to get in behind the battle unnoticed.

OOC - Double move south on the map

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Sir Brelloch staggers under the sudden onslaught. Johans dagger leaves a bloody trail along his forearm, while two waves of magical bolts strike him from a distance. Grud'al tries to take advantage of the opening but his sword can't find a chink in the paladins armor. Sir Brelloch turns towards Johan and makes a clutching gesture with his fist. Johan feels a sudden pressure on his chest, like a weight pressing down making it hard to draw breath.

OOC - Johan - Will Save

Midian
[SBLOCK]
Urrups breath is shallow, but he is at least still breathing. You can see a bloody streak on one side of his face and you realize that one of his ears is gone. Looking up, you can see it clutched in Brellochs outstretched hand.
[/SBLOCK]

Damage
[SBLOCK]
Johan Dagger Attack roll(1d20+4=20)
Johan Damage (1d4+2=6)
Whisper Damage (1d4+1=5)
Jaron Damage (1d4+1=4)
Jaron imitated Whisper and cast his magic missile as well.
[/SBLOCK]

Map
[SBLOCK]
Code:
Top Deck
   .#.
  .###.
 .#####.
.#######.
####[COLOR=Red]I[/COLOR]####
#.......#
#.......#
#.......#
#...#...#
#[COLOR=Blue]H[/COLOR].###.H#
#W..#...#
#.......#
#.......#
#.#.JG#.#
#.#MUB#.#
#S......#
#..###..#
#.......#
#.......#
#..###..#
##[COLOr=Red]I[/COLOR]###[COLOR=Red]I[/COLOR]##
#########
#########
#########

S = Seria
M = Midian
J = Johan
U = Urrup
G = Grud'al
B = Sir Brelloch
W = Whisper

Blue H = Stairway (Jaron)
[/CODE]
[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian grimaces as he stands to look at Brelloch.

"I suppose you think that's a trophy?" he yells in disgust as he nods to the ear in the man's hand. "You take ears, how about I take your eyes?"

Without moving, Midian spits out a word that sounds much like a clap of thunder. It's matched by a lightning-fast flash of light atop Brelloch's eyes.

[sblock=OOC (with edit)]Casting Flare on Brelloch. DC 13 Fort save or he's dazzled (-1 attack, search, and spot) for one minute.

Edit: Oops. Forgot to make a Concentration check for the spell: Concentration: 23[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"It's no use, Brelloch!" Whisper calls. "It's over! Don't force us to kill you!"

Inwardly, despite the grimness of the scene, she exults at calling again on her magic after so long. Her blood sings with it, her skin tingles as it bleeds out of her. She never felt more alive than when casting spells...

She repeats the incantation and gesture from before, sending another spark of energy whirling madly over the deck, somehow missing everything but it's target...Brelloch.

(Another magic missile!)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Johan shakes off the crushing pressure on his chest and he can feel the effect unravel and dissipate. Brelloch staggers under another wave of attacks. You can see blood mixing with the rivulets of rain running down his armor and clothes. He backs away from the group moving towards the railing, nearly tripping over Seria who was moving to a flanking position. Johan and Grud'als blades miss the opportunity to strike as he moves away. Standing at the rail he calls out. "Impudent whelps! Can you not see that these creatures are neither beasts nor men but a corruption of both? They are not lycans but that are no better than those foul things! By protecting them you obstruct the will of the pure Flame!"

OOC:
[SBLOCK]
Damage
Grud'al Attack (1d20+5=22)
Grud'al Damage (1d8+2=4)
Grud'al AoO (1d20+5=11)
Johan Attack (1d20+4=17)
Johan Damage (1d4+2=3)
Smite Damage +2
Johan AoO (1d20+4=5)
Whisper Damage (1d4+1=3)

Saves: