• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who Will Get the Axe?

catsclaw227

First Post
Thanks for the support everyone! :cool:

I want to remain in the gaming industry. Perhaps my next job will be with with mice instead of dice. Time will tell.

Oh, and I still have every faith in the D&D brand, 4e and Scott. If he says he's going to do something you can believe he will do everything in his power to make it happen. He's good like that.

Good Luck Linae! Keep poking your head on EnWorld once in a while and let us know what's going on with you. :)

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post

I want to remain in the gaming industry. Perhaps my next job will be with with mice instead of dice. Time will tell.

Oh, and I still have every faith in the D&D brand, 4e and Scott. If he says he's going to do something you can believe he will do everything in his power to make it happen. He's good like that.
Tons of good luck to you, Linae, and I still hope to meet you in person someday to thank you for all the hard work you put up (and put up with) for our hobby!

As for "mice instead of dice", are you gonna work for Disney? ;) :D

Klaus

First Post

Tons of good luck to you, Linae, and I still hope to meet you in person someday to thank you for all the hard work you put up (and put up with) for our hobby!

As for "mice instead of dice", are you gonna work for Disney? ;) :D

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Thanks for being such a good communicator with us here, Linae! You did great work for WotC, and I'm sure whoever's lucky enough to hire you next will reap the benefits as well.
-blarg

buzz

Adventurer
Can you point to some print or television advertising that WoTC has done in the last year? (Serious question cause I can't recall any.)
For some time now, WotC has been doing ads in Dark Horse comic titles. I'm betting other comic publishers as well. They've also been doing banner advertising on gaming-related or geek-focused sites, as well as comparatively increased coverage in Wired magazine and other news outlets.

TV is probably not profitable for them.

Caliber

Explorer
For some time now, WotC has been doing ads in Dark Horse comic titles. I'm betting other comic publishers as well. They've also been doing banner advertising on gaming-related or geek-focused sites, as well as comparatively increased coverage in Wired magazine and other news outlets.

TV is probably not profitable for them.

I was dragged to A-Kon this year (an anime convention) by my wife; we had a lot of fun but that isn't the point here. I snagged quite a few free comics while there and read them on the ride back home. DnD ads were all over 'em ... I don't generally read comics anymore, but I was pretty surprised. Hadn't seen a physical ad for DnD in a while! :)

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Man, why does really bad news always have to follow so closely on the heels of good news? :erm: Thanks for all you did Linae. Best of luck to you in whatever you do. I'd tell you to keep your chin up, but you obviously don't need that advice you've been a class act to the end. Take care!

Lab_Monkey

First Post
I'm also very sorry to hear that Lurking Lidda will no longer be with WotC. I always enjoyed her posts at Maxminis and here at ENWorld. Best wishes Linae in moving on to a new position; you will be missed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads