D&D 5E Who wrote Lost Mine of Phandelver?

"Lost Mine of Phandelver" is the best starter adventure I've ever played. Rich Baker and company made a classic. It's like a compact version of "Return to the Keep on the Borderlands". Just like in "Return to the Keep on the Borderlands" there are several factions, people, and groups at work. There's a history that's not directly connected to the plot which adds depth and richness. There are people and monsters that have their own agenda and ambitions, while others are simply cursed and have no choice. We never felt a railroad forming at any point in the game. The mine (dungeon) has several entrances, exits, and paths to travel. The same with the Cragmaw Castle or any of the other mini-adventures. I can see myself running this for my nieces, nephews and little 'uns.

I'm wondering if this was a Magnum Opus, though unintentional. Let's hope WotC keeps up the good work.

Jaracove

First Post
Just for balance; Thundertree was a slog and the various factions you might join are utterly meaningless if you just have the starter box

But that's just me being facetious :D

We're really enjoying it and we're about to enter Wave Echo Cave very soon

Remove ads