• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whoa... New Tripped Out WoTC Home Page...

Aegeri

First Post
If by "Tripped out" you mean is formatted all over the place then yes, I can agree. It seems to be full of errors for me and isn't displaying properly (I use the latest version of Firefox).

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
It's a little bit more concise in design, but not radically different.

I only question putting the "Current & Upcoming Releases" in the primary spot, front and center/left. I seriously doubt that the majority of visitors to wizards.com/dnd are there to look over the catalog.

In fact, I can just envision a Suit from Hasbro saying "This redesign looks great. It's perfect. Don't change a thing... except put the catalog stuff right here--and make it bigger than everything else."

gaah.gif

Scribble

First Post
If by "Tripped out" you mean is formatted all over the place then yes, I can agree. It seems to be full of errors for me and isn't displaying properly (I use the latest version of Firefox).

Well the background picture is what I'm referring to... It's all multicolored and reminds me of a poster you'd get in like the back of Spencers or Sam Goodies (remember that store???) with all the black light sensitive stuff. :p

GAH! My eyes!

But I like all the old school images though it may well put off totally new players... which is the crux of the essentials quandary: trying to cater to old-skoolers and new players alike.

A Joe Blogs of the street is not going to be impressed with the (1st edition and previous) look of that wizard. I.e. (nostalgia aside) that type of art was crap.

Anyway it makes an impact

Kzach

Banned
Banned

Yeah, same except latest version of Safari. Looks like crap. Yet again WotC fail at basic website design.

Scribble

First Post
GAH! My eyes!

But I like all the old school images though it may well put off totally new players... which is the crux of the essentials quandary: trying to cater to old-skoolers and new players alike.

A Joe Blogs of the street is not going to be impressed with the (1st edition and previous) look of that wizard. I.e. (nostalgia aside) that type of art was crap.

Anyway it makes an impact

Eh- I wouldn't call it crap...

It's odd how much art can inspire the feel of the game itself.

Like I look at a piece from the 2e era and while it's some of my favorite art, the feelings that I get are more... serious I guess?

Like it makes me want to have adventures with heavy plots, and more complicated stories...

I look at the 1e art, and the plots I want are looser, more zany lets travel through the underground mushroom forest and fight the frog cult!

Maybe it's just me. :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads