Who's going to GenCon

We're two weeks out from the best four days in gaming (are they still using that slogan?). I'm planning to attend, albeit with a suite of facemasks and perhaps a long stick to keep people at bay, because I'm anxious about crowds.

Who else will be in attendance? Does anyone have games planned? I'd be up to run something.

I haven't checked anything regarding the con's schedule. Do people have events they intend to attend?

Any new products coming out that you're looking forward to demoing or buying?

Game Scheduling
If you would like to organize a game with other EN Worlders, make a post with your idea and mention me so I can update the list. Include what time slot you are shooting for, the game system, and the number of players you're looking for. I suggest using a format like the one I have for my game below, and then updating it as people sign up.

(I imagine locations will need to be flexible for now, since it remains to be seen how welcoming hotels will be to have guests sit around in their lobbies, or if we'd have to find rooms at the convention center, or some other option.)

If you're interested in playing, respond to the GM's posting.

Any games that we do schedule should require everyone to wear masks and to respect CDC guidance on pandemic safety. If you want to provoke an opportunity attack from Covid, do it after the convention.

Proposed Games
  • Smite Evil (Thur 4pm, D&D 5E, pregens provided, 0/4 players). GM - RangerWickett. Four paladins of different gods stumble across the same call to adventure and have to work together while working out their differences in how their gods want them to smite evil.

Last edited:

Retreater

Legend
We're two weeks out from the best four days in gaming (are they still using that slogan?). I'm planning to attend, albeit with a suite of facemasks and perhaps a long stick to keep people at bay, because I'm anxious about crowds.

Who else will be in attendance? Does anyone have games planned? I'd be up to run something.

I haven't checked anything regarding the con's schedule. Do people have events they intend to attend?

Any new products coming out that you're looking forward to demoing or buying?
I'm skipping this year, but the guys I normally go with will be there. I'm going to try to jump in some of the online events.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I'll be there, hanging with my author friend Matt Press' table in Artist's Alley or whatever they call it, and just generally wandering around. I haven't signed up for any events yet. Not sure what I'm doing in the evenings, so I'm open to suggestions.

I'm doing a couple of CoC online events.

Ironically the pandemic has made the con somewhat more accessible for us Australians.

Disappointed at the lack of representation of non d&d/pathfinder games however, and the alien rpg 3 shot i was hoping for was snapped up before I had a chance to grab a spot.

After seeing the results of the Sturgis motorcycle rally, no way in Heck.
1630622819860.png

That's a pretty densely packed crowd. And nobody has a mask on.

I know that I'll be anxious about going into the dealer hall any time near when the doors open, because there historically has always been a huge crowd like this there. But I imagine with proper masking and avoidance of large groups, it should be safe.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'm going, but several of my friends aren't. While they agree with the restrictions, they find them onerous enough that they're not inclined to make the trip this year.

Remove ads