D&D General Why 5E Adventurs Suck!!!!!

Retros_x

Adventurer
I still buy a lot of modules, because why they still need a lot of work to actually run as good adventures, they give me a lot of inspiration and save me a lot of creative work in terms of setting, plot, scenario design etc. but also some crafts like map drawings. I see them more as creative input for me that is easier to process into a good adventure than just reading a fantasy novel. I understand that these thick modules are easier for WotC to sell. Thats why I am really liking these anthologies like Keys from the Golden Vault. They give WotC the possibility to sell their desired tomes, while giving me adventures that are actually much easier to work with or even run by the book. I hope that these will stay.

nevin

Hero
My main issue is that they don't tend to bundle all of the various story arcs together. So you have to hunt and peck for each module. Not the end of the world, just an annoyance I have.
see I like that. I can pick and choose and modify and build out my own story arc or fill a hole in my own homebrew game when I don 't have time.

nevin

Hero
I still buy a lot of modules, because why they still need a lot of work to actually run as good adventures, they give me a lot of inspiration and save me a lot of creative work in terms of setting, plot, scenario design etc. but also some crafts like map drawings. I see them more as creative input for me that is easier to process into a good adventure than just reading a fantasy novel. I understand that these thick modules are easier for WotC to sell. Thats why I am really liking these anthologies like Keys from the Golden Vault. They give WotC the possibility to sell their desired tomes, while giving me adventures that are actually much easier to work with or even run by the book. I hope that these will stay.
on that note I have tons of old ones that i've bought from 1st ed modules on. With far less work than making my own I can run one of those in any edition. After awhile converting things on the fly just becomes easy.

Lalato

Adventurer
see I like that. I can pick and choose and modify and build out my own story arc or fill a hole in my own homebrew game when I don 't have time.
But you can do that with or without bundling.

What I mean is that if I do want to follow a specific arc, they don't make it easy to figure out which modules are meant to go together.

Emerikol

Hero
I think 1e had a lot of great modules. The slavers, White Plume, The Giants, The Drow, even some of the less known ones were decent. It was the heyday of modules in my view. I've not seen that consistency since.

Outside of 1e, B2 was great. B1 could be great if the DM stocked it right.

Remove ads