• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Why be a 3.5 monk?

Eman Resu

First Post
Well, his testing method is so utterly not representative of how you should measure classes... That said, all 18's benefits monk greatly, so it's still amusing the monk lost badly twice. And Soulknife is not the "lower middle." It's bottom of the stack, probably around the same spot as monk and above the C.Warrior Samurai. Its entire class is replicated by a single alternate class feature for Psychic Warriors.

what alternate class feature???

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Under one of the soulknife descriptions I saw these two adjacent quotes.

"You will never get close enough to touch my lady!"

"Why do I wander? Why do I risk danger? Because I failed her."

I LOL'd

The quotes for the mercenary theme, in a similar vein, sound so dirty I have trouble believing that no one noticed before putting the article up:

"First you say where, then I will tell you how much."

"Yes, you paid me well, but he paid me more."

Particle_Man

Explorer
I hate not getting jokes!

Well the first quote sounded like an arrogant Soulknife Bodyguard, and the second quote sounded like the same Bodyguard, after his arrogance was deflated. I could almost see a comic strip with a before and after panel. I dunno, it was funny in my head -- maybe you have to life in it. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads