Why do people tag Heinlein as a . . .

dravot

First Post
kingpaul said:
That's how I took the main theme of the book.

And I liked the movie as a nice relaxing distraction. Yes, it deviated from the book (quite a bit), but I'm entertained.

The proper description is: "Based on the back cover of the best selling novel" ;)

kingpaul

First Post
dravot said:
The proper description is: "Based on the back cover of the best selling novel" ;)
*chuckle*

That's probably the best description for severa adaptations I've seen. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone'll be honest enough to use it. :)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Shayuri said:
And I enjoyed the movie Starship Troopers. I just think it should have had a different title. :) It had nothing at all, thematically or contentwise (beyond a few names), to do with the book.
While I didn't enjoy the parts of the movie I saw, I disagree on your criticism. When I first saw a trailer for it, I had no idea that a ST movie was even in the works. Yet within the first 5 seconds or so of the trailer, I thought "is this Starship Troopers?" When the title came up it was "guess so" not "huh, this doesn't feel like that book?!?!" While there are many specific differences, and the armor was all wrong, thematicly it had everything to do with the book.

Storm Raven

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
While I didn't enjoy the parts of the movie I saw, I disagree on your criticism. When I first saw a trailer for it, I had no idea that a ST movie was even in the works. Yet within the first 5 seconds or so of the trailer, I thought "is this Starship Troopers?" When the title came up it was "guess so" not "huh, this doesn't feel like that book?!?!" While there are many specific differences, and the armor was all wrong, thematicly it had everything to do with the book.

Which parts of the book do you think were reflected thematically in the movie? Because when I saw it, I thought the movie pretty much got every thematic element wrong.

Remove ads